Johnson & Johnson Careers
Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
Business Unit Manager - Operations
Requisition ID: 0611180504
Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies touches more than a billion people’s lives each day through our health care products and services, our corporate giving, and the volunteer efforts of our employees. The Johnson & Johnson Family of Consumer Companies develop and market beloved brands that address the needs of consumers and health care professionals worldwide. Our portfolio ranges across several distinct business units: Baby Care, Oral Care, Compromised Skin Care, Beauty, Feminine Care, and OTC products.
The Business Unit Manager (Operations ) provides direction to supervisors and professionals from the team as well as provides leadership and alignment with the supporting groups to Manufacturing such as Quality, Engineering, Maintenance, Laboratories and Planning. The Business Unit Manager is responsible to execute strategic business plans and operation goals and objectives (OGSMs).
This position is responsible to execute on short-term production objectives ensuring proper and compliant utilization of personnel, equipment, and raw materials. Develop recommendations and solutions for identified obstacles. Partner with the supporting cross functional teams to determine priorities and resource allocations related to execution in support of the Plant’s goals, objectives, measures, metrics, and continuous improvement opportunities.
• Manages operation to meet production goals which includes:
– Management of personnel
– Methods and process implementation
– Flow optimization in the use of material, processes and human resources
• Assures all operations within Business Unit are conducted in a safe manner and in full compliance with all safety and environmental regulations
• In conjunction with Engineering, develops capital requirements for improvements projects
• Establish operational goals and objectives to achieve Plant and corporate goals, as well as Safety, Quality and Cost improving initiatives
• Provide variance analysis and corrective actions to ensure meeting financial targets
• Create and cultivate leadership climate to encourage continuous quality improvements
• Supports the implementation of Lean Manufacturing; 5S; Process Excellence (Six Sigma) methods
• Leads production flow, troubleshoots manufacturing issues, and monitors production orders and schedules
• Analyzes production and operating reports and resolves operational, manufacturing, and maintenance problems to ensure minimum costs and to prevent operational delays
• Actively participates in the development and implementation of insourcing volume transfer plans
• Creates and revises standard operational and working practices
• Establishes and monitors plant's operational budget. Participate and compile statistics in the preparation and control of department operating budgets. Plan for capital and operating funds necessary to support current and future business needs
• Hold supervisors accountable for maintaining safe work areas; ensures safety policies are being adhered to; ensures safety training requirements are met
• Collaborates with maintenance department to evaluate reoccurring issues that may require equipment replacement
• Support the implementation of safety programs
Education and Experience Requirements:
• Bachelor’s degree required; within a science or engineering capacity preferred.
• Six Sigma and/or Lean Certificate (Black Belt or Green Belt) is preferred
• 8 years of leadership experience; pharmaceutical and/or OTC manufacturing environment preferred
• Direct manufacturing supervisory experience is required
Knowledge & Technical Competency Requirements:
• Demonstrates strong analytical skills and professional judgment required to resolve major technical issues
• Capable of making effective executive management level presentations, writing formal reports dealing with both technical and business implications and preparing project plans while identifying and understanding the inter-relationships of related disciplines and key activities
• Excellent interpersonal, communication and computer skills required
BE VITAL in your career; Be seen for the talent you bring to your work. Explore opportunities within the Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies.
Diversity and inclusion are central elements of the shared culture across the Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies. Attracting, developing and retaining a workforce that reflects the diversity of our customers and communities is essential to our success. We are committed to providing a respectful, inclusive and accessible work environment where all employees have the opportunity to achieve their potential.
Johnson & Johnson Inc. (7695)