DePuy Synthes, a member of Johnson & Johnson's Family of Companies, is hiring for a Senior Electrical Engineer, Surgical Robotics for to be based in Boston, MA.
DePuy Synthes, part of the Johnson & Johnson Medical Devices Companies, provides one of the most comprehensive orthopedics portfolios in the world. DePuy Synthes solutions, in specialties including joint reconstruction, trauma, craniomaxillofacial, spinal surgery and sports medicine, are designed to advance patient care while delivering clinical and economic value to health care systems worldwide. For more information, visit www.depuysynthes.com.
This role represents an exciting opportunity for a candidate who wants to work on building groundbreaking surgical capabilities for Orthopaedic Robotics.
The Senior Electrical Engineer, Surgical Robotics will work on new surgical robots for orthopaedic surgery from the development phase through commercial release. In this role you will design, develop, and test electrical devices and equipment for surgical robotics products.
In this role you will:
- Develop electronic schematics and product design specifics
- Handle board bring-up in the lab (Testing, validating and debugging electronic system)
- Evaluate electrical systems, products, components, and applications by designing and conducting research programs; apply knowledge of electricity and materials
- Participate in product design reviews for the robotics system
- Assist the PCB layout engineer with electrical design
- Work on system debugging and corrective action plans needed to troubleshoot electrical related product issues
- A minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering or a related science/ engineering degree is required.
- A minimum of 4 years electrical design-related experience is required. Robotics experience is preferred.
- Experience in a regulated environment is highly preferred.
- Knowledge of ISO 13485, 60601, is preferred.
- Strong electrical design and analysis skills, including an understanding of electrical systems and subsystem interfaces to overall system design are required for this role.
- Solid knowledge/experience with schematic design and layout using CAD tools for PCB design required. Altium Designer experience preferred.
- Experience producing formal PCB/ PCBA documentation (schematics, PCB fabrication drawings, PCB assembly drawings) required.
- Ability to use all standard lab equipment, such as oscilloscopes, to debug problems required.
- All of the following required: Strong written and oral communication skills, ability to work in a collegial environment and treat others as valued customers, demonstrated history of being willing to learn and becoming a better engineer everyday, determination to complete tasks, ability to provide patient and supportive mentoring of less experienced team member, and a desire to work on products that help others
- This position will be based in Boston, MA and may require up to 15% travel.
Johnson & Johnson is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
DePuy Synthes Products, Inc (6149)
R&D Engineering (R&D)