Johnson & Johnson Careers
Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
Elmira, New York
Requisition ID: 0598180123
Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies is currently recruiting for a Production Planner. The position will be based in Elmira, NY.
Caring for the world, one person at a time, has inspired and united the people of Johnson & Johnson for over 125 years. We embrace research and science -- bringing innovative ideas, products and services to advance the health and well-being of people. Employees of the Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies work with partners in health care to touch the lives of over a billion people every day, throughout the world.
With $71.9 billion in 2016 sales, Johnson & Johnson is the world's most comprehensive and broadly-based manufacturer of health care products, as well as a provider of related services, for the consumer, pharmaceutical, and medical device markets. There are more than 265 Johnson & Johnson operating companies employing approximately 126,500 people and with products touching the lives of over a billion people every day, throughout the world.
Thriving on a diverse company culture, celebrating the uniqueness of our employees and committed to inclusion. Proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
BE VITAL in your Career; be seen for the talent you bring to your work. Explore opportunities within the Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies.
The Production Planner has “apply” level production planning functional skills per the Johnson & Johnson Supply Chain (JJSC) competency model. This position is responsible for creating and maintaining a constrained weekly master production schedule (MPS) and managing the frozen period horizon for all possible production requirements (scheduling, rescheduling, reworks, outsourced work-in-progress inventory) over a 4- 24-month horizon. The planner will also be responsible for providing service & inventory input to manufacturing issues and communicate potential impacts to key business partners.
POSITION DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Responsible for creating a constrained weekly master production schedule (MPS) and ensuring raw material availability.
- Planning and freeze period management of production activities (rescheduling, rework, outsourced work).
- Maintain inventories within goal, while minimizing excess, obsolete and expired products; develop overall inventory projections for specific products.
- Perform Rough Cut Capacity Planning (RCCP) for resources, shifts, equipment and shutdowns.
- Establish minimum order quantities (MOQ) and balance against overall equipment efficiency (OEE).
- Plant inventory management and control.
- Vulnerability report ownership & updates.
- Plant Slow Moving & Obsolete (SLOB) management.
- Resolve manufacturing conflicts for site/portfolio as they relate to production planning. Manage impact and communication of manufacturing driven change.
- Lead/support all compliance process activities including change control, deviations, events & non-conformance reports and assess supply impact.
- Provide asset specific input to the end to end supply chain processes and ensure planning master data (safety stock, lead times, etc.) in the ERP system are accurate and up to date.
- Participate in new product launch meetings and new product forecasts as a business partner.
- Execute planning activities during phase-in phase-out programs.
- Bachelor’s degree.
- 2-4 years related experience.
- Ability to apply project and personal leadership to successfully achieve project, team and individual goals.
- Ability to share knowledge and personal experience with peers.
- Ability to build strong collaborative relationships, considering diverse perspectives and styles.
- Ability to target communications as appropriate for the audience and make presentations to a small to medium sized audience.
- Ability to influence others in a matrix environment.
- Ability to challenge the status quo and evaluate/improve processes using continuous improvement tools.
- Data mining & reporting skills through MS Excel or equivalent.
- Strong organization skills and an aptitude for planning.
- Accuracy with attention to detail.
- Proactive approach.
- Proficient user of Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint).
- Ability to translate complex situations into simple working solutions.
- Experience with ERP & advanced planning systems.
- Supply chain certification (APICS/ IBF).
- Production planning or manufacturing experience in a medical, pharmaceutical or consumer industry.
- Familiarity with relevant legislation (e.g. GMP, ISO requirements).
United States-New York-Elmira
DePuySynthes Products Inc (6149)