Johnson & Johnson Careers
Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
Line Facilitator - 3rd Shift (2 positions)
San Lorenzo, Puerto Rico
Requisition ID: 0586180123
Ethicon LLC, a member of Johnson & Johnson's Family of Companies, is recruiting for two Line Facilitators – 3rd Shift.
The Ethicon Surgical Care business offers a broad range of products, platforms and technologies—including sutures, surgical staplers, clip appliers, trocars and synthetic mesh devices—that are used in a wide variety of minimally invasive and open surgical procedures. Specialties include support for treatment of colorectal and thoracic conditions, women’s health conditions, hernias, cancer and obesity. The Ethicon Surgical Care business combines products and services of two market-leading legacy companies, both with long histories of medical innovation. Ethicon, Inc. based in Somerville, New Jersey, was founded more than 80 years ago as a pioneer in suture development and manufacturing, helping to transform the safety and effectiveness of open surgery. Ethicon Endo-Surgery, Inc. was created 20 years ago in Cincinnati, Ohio, developing innovative devices that have driven the revolutionary shift from open to minimally invasive surgery that continues to lead the industry today.
Thriving on a diverse company culture, celebrating the uniqueness of our employees and committed to inclusion. Proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
As the Line Facilitator – 3rd Shift, you will:
• Supervise a group of associates to meet company-manufacturing goals.
• Participate in the day-to-day operations with responsibilities for making products at minimum costs consistent with quality specifications and production schedules.
• Lead and drive an assigned group of people ensuring optimal use of equipment and resources. Plan direct reports work to ensure a continuous and efficient product flow.
• Identify, analyze and implement alternatives to improve product quality. Lead and drive non-conformances investigation upon resolution.
• Track and monitor quality requirements and production’s needs. Report production daily.
• Monitor lines’ performance and work operations to ensure that rules are followed.
• Communicate operations status and issues to people involved in the manufacturing performance (IPT).
• Facilitate communication to associates, drive and facilitate employee involvement to meet Quality and Compliance requirements, create a CREDO based environment with his/her direct reports, and monitor/improve efficiency to meet targets. Praise employees to promote a recognition environment.
• Analyze conflicts and problems on areas of responsibility and provide appropriate and timely responses. Enforce safe practices in the use of machinery and equipment, and maintain a safe environment by anticipating and solving emerging situations.
• Identify, analyze and implement alternatives to reduce costs. Ensure continuous improvement of operational processes comply with all environmental, safety and occupational health policies (i.e., ISO 14001 & OSHA 18001).
• A bachelor’s or higher degree in Engineering, Business Administration, Science or Computer Science is required. Six Sigma or Lean certification is preferred.
• At least six (6) months of experience in the manufacturing regulated environment is required; previous Co-Op or internship experience will be considered.
• Supervisory experience is highly preferred. Experience in the Medical Device industry and executing continuous improvement projects is preferred.
• Excellent verbal and written communication and presentation skills with a focus on outstanding leadership ability is required. Technical writing skills are highly preferred.
• Leadership skills in Associate involvement, as well as, teamwork, initiative, creativity, assertiveness, attention to detail, and effective interpersonal skills are required.
• Ability to learn fast, manage change and work under pressure achieving consistently high results in quality, efficiency, and compliance through individual and team efforts is required. Planning, scheduling, progress measurement and negotiation skills are required.
• Advance computer skills and use of software applications including Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) is required. Experience with Minitab, Excel (Intermediate Level), and ERP systems is preferred.
• Fully bilingual (English/Spanish) is required.
• Ability to work in a 3rd shift is required.
• This position requires up to ten percent (10%) of travel. Ability to work extended hours, visit other shifts and work during weekends/holidays as per operational needs is required.
Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies are equal opportunity employers, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
United States-Puerto Rico-San Lorenzo
Ethicon Endo Surgery, LLC (7597)