Johnson & Johnson Careers
Lead Software Engineer
Requisition ID: 0584180504
LifeScan, Inc. a Johnson & Johnson company with headquarters in Chesterbrook, Pennsylvania, is recruiting for a Lead Software Engineer. This position will be located in Chesterbrook, PA.
Caring for the world, one person at a time has inspired and united the people of Johnson & Johnson for over 125 years. We embrace research and science -- bringing innovative ideas, products and services to advance the health and well-being of people. Employees of the Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies work with partners in health care to touch the lives of over a billion people every day, throughout the world.
LifeScan manufactures and markets Blood Glucose Monitoring Systems like the OneTouch Verio family for patients with diabetes. The company also creates digital products that provide Diabetes Management solutions to its customers. The company philosophy is to "create a world without limits for people with diabetes.".
As a Lead Software Engineer, you will support the Digital Research & Development activities in crafting state of the art solutions for our customers.
In Support of:
As an essential member of the Research & Development and Software Development team, the Lead Software Engineer will help drive creative digital solutions in the healthcare industry.
- The Lead Software Engineer is responsible will develop web, back-end services, and API, for a cloud-based diabetes monitoring platform for patients and healthcare professionals.
You will help drive the innovation and development of digital products
- Software development to create digital solutions that are considered medical devices.
- Build prototypes and conduct technical experiments in developing new innovations and proving technical feasibility.
- Documentation activities related to the product development and software design.
- Collaborate with requirements and quality teams during all phases of the product development lifecycle.
- Work to improve our internal software development and quality processes in building a premier R&D organization.
- A minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree is required; A Bachelor’s Degree or higher in the field of computer science or Engineering is preferred.
- A minimum of seven (7) years of software development experience is required.
- The individual should have in depth knowledge of software design and development for web services is required and API, and cloud-based technology solutions is preferred.
- Experience in professional roles with growing responsibility utilizing software development skills is preferred.
- A "hands-on", startup attitude, an ability to work with diverse global teams effectively is preferred.
- Advanced analytical and problem solving skills with the ability to adapt skills to a wide variety of changing situations is preferred.
- Experience integrating with an agile product development processes, complex product release cycles, cloud-based technologies, research, software architecture, and web technologies is preferred
- A deep understanding of product development lifecycle, knowledge of healthcare are highly preferred.
- Experience in Medical Devices, Pharma industry is preferred.
- Excellent communication and social skills are preferred.
- Require excellent references.
- Up to 10% domestic/international travel is required for this position is preferred.
Lifescan Inc. (6097)