We at Janssen are entrusted with one of the most important jobs in the world. We aspire to transform lives by bringing life-saving and life-changing solutions to people who need them. We’re committed to providing safe and effective medicines as well as the services and support that contribute to healthy outcomes. This calls for the best science, the most creative minds and an openness to collaborate with researchers, governments and patient organizations at every state – from early discovery to market access and patient education.
In this exciting role, the Oncology Clinical Educator (OCE) will be responsible for providing clinical education for the Janssen Oncology brands primarily focused on PI-based and disease state education to nurses, pharmacists, and other advanced practice providers (APPs) to drive positive APP and patient experiences. OCEs support a patient experience that focuses on the whole patient, addressing educational needs related to both clinical and behavioral aspects of treatment and disease management.
OCEs will leverage their clinical practice expertise to be a trusted educational resource for APPs and patients to better understand various aspects of treatment with Janssen Oncology brands. OCEs will help support APPs caring for patients treated with Janssen Oncology brands through education and approved resources in a defined geographical territory.
The OCE will also play a key role in the education of patients, through partnership with advocacy groups. The OCE is responsible for conducting all activities in accordance with current regulatory and health care compliance guidelines.
Key Job Responsibilities:
- Build external relationships with APPs (RN, NP, PA, Pharm.D., Nurse Navigators) and develop and manage a geographical territory
- Develop and maintain a strategic territory plan
- Educate APPs on disease state awareness, as well as, both clinical and operational aspects of appropriate patient identification
- Educate APPs on the clinical profile of products including but not limited to clinical benefits and administration requirements
- Provide education programs through 1:1 presentation, round table discussions, or formal presentations
- Provide education to patients in patient advocacy meeting settings
- Master all aspects of the clinical and administrative profile of a new cancer medication
- Teach key external stakeholders (infusion nurses, other medical staff) on the infusion process associated with a new cancer medication
- Strong ability to understand, translate and communicate relevant clinical education topics to diverse audiences
- Actively listens for and routinely documents and shares APP clinical insights
- Attend and provide clinical information and/or presentations at national, regional and local meetings
- Provides staff support, as appropriate at exhibit booths and displays as required
- Actively participates in journal clubs, book clubs, and team clinical discussions
- In collaboration with supervisor develops, implements, and documents performance and development plan
- Participates in projects as assigned by management
- Performs all administrative requirements in a timely, accurate and compliant manner (e.g. expense reports, documentation of activities)
- Provide regional and local support to enhance sales training initiatives and improve competencies of field personnel in partnership with Sales Learning and Development
- Compliantly collaborates with field commercial partners and MSL team members
- Maintains thorough understanding and competence in the following areas: Oncology Clinical Educator mission, vision and rules of engagement; operating company labeled scientific data; market dynamics and competitive landscape; regulatory and health care compliance guidelines; corporate policies on appropriate business conduct and ethical behavior; relevant SOPs and guidelines
- Stays current in clinical developments related to specific disease states
- Develops and maintains advanced presentation skills to facilitate effective communication of clinical information
- Documents all interactions, customer profile information daily as directed
- Attends clinically relevant meetings for personal/professional development
- Maintains the highest level of professional standards in all interactions with customers and other business contacts
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- Active RN license or Advanced Practice degree (Nurse Practitioner/Physician Assistant/PharmD/MSN) required.
- Candidates who are OCN and/or Infusion certified is preferred
- A minimum of 2+ years post graduate oncology clinical and/or educational experience is required
- Previous industry experience preferred
- Experience with specialty products (preferably Oncology and/or infusion) preferred
- Knowledge and/or experience with direct to patient education initiatives preferred
- Previous experience in introducing new specialty pharmaceutical/biologics products or indications a plus
- Excellent presentation skills required
- Strong teamwork abilities
- Requires travel of approximately 70% depending on geography (includes overnight travel); Other travel for business meetings as required; Travel by air, including overnight and weekends as needed.
- Must be able to lift and transport work materials
- Must have a valid driver’s license
- Residence in, or willingness to relocate to the geography is required
- Willingness to satisfy reasonable credentialing requirements, including, but not limited to TB tests, Hepatitis B vaccine, MMR (measles, mumps, rubella) and Varicella (chicken pox). You are required to submit to annual background checks by Janssen Biotech, Inc.
Janssen Biotech, Inc. (6014)