Johnson & Johnson Careers
Facilities Technician (3rd Shift)
Requisition ID: 0573180504
Johnson & Johnson Consumer Inc., a member of Johnson & Johnson's Family of Companies, is recruiting for a Facilities Technician (3rd Shift) in Lancaster, PA.
Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies touches more than a billion people’s lives each day through our health care products and services, our corporate giving, and the volunteer efforts of our employees. The Johnson & Johnson Group of Consumer Companies develop and market beloved brands that address the needs of consumers and health care professionals worldwide. Our portfolio ranges across several distinct business units: Baby Care, Oral Care, Compromised Skin Care, Beauty, Feminine Care, and Over-The-Counter (OTC) products.
- Under minimal supervision, the objective of the Facilities Technician position is to perform a wide variety of electrical, mechanical, plumbing, HVAC, maintenance and installation duties in the operation/maintenance/repair/troubleshooting/service/adjustment of all Facilities equipment and Utilities supporting manufacturing processes. To provide support of facility-related project management duties as required for all Facilities equipment/utilities involved in the batch manufacturing of over-the-counter products under current pharmaceutical safety and cGMP guidelines.
- Able to perform a variety of tasks included by not limited to monitoring and adjustment of utilities to improve throughput, equipment efficiency, and implementation of corrective actions.
- Able to perform routine cleaning, housekeeping and non-routine maintenance with adherence to all safety, environmental, and quality policies and procedures.
- Able to communicate and coordinate with customers/stakeholders regarding schedule, impact of work being performed, and providing confirmation to customers/stakeholders when the work is completed.
- Proficient in the use of various types of instrumentation to service, maintain, and repair all types of facility/related systems.
- Capable to analyze, troubleshoot, and repair equipment in both a team setting and independently.
- Work with computerized building automation system to monitor, operate, and adjust environmental and process temperature and humidity controls to ensure efficient operations.
- Read, understand, and work with schematics, drawings, diagrams, and service/repair manuals. Update as necessary to maintain accuracy of these items.
- Work with Engineering and/or contractors in the design, layout, installation, troubleshooting, and repair of various systems throughout the facility.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Ensure quality and compliance in all my actions by:
- Attend GMP training on the schedule designated for my role and as appropriate for my role
- Complete training in learning management systems, in assigned instructor led classrooms or as a performance qualification as assigned.
- Adhere to strict compliance with procedures applicable to my role and functions.
- Exercise the highest level of integrity in the tasks that I perform
- In a timely and prompt manner, identify, report and seek correction for deviations noted in my workplace.
- Embrace a behavior of employee involvement and commitment to doing the job right the first time, while being open to change, accepting, seeking to understand, having conversations that are professional and respectful, while controlling emotions and ensuring that these conversations occur in the appropriate location.
- Support all investigations in a timely and professional manner.
- Acts in accordance to the principles expressed in Our Credo and the Quality Statement Policy in all negotiations and activities within and outside the company, and assures these are met.
- Design/engineer, upgrade, perform preventative maintenance, repair and troubleshoot all facilities/utilities equipment throughout the plant (HVAC, USP water, process pretreatment plant, dust collection, mechanical systems, electrical systems, piping systems, fire systems, boilers, building and grounds systems, security systems, PLC control systems, oil-free compressed air systems, etc.). Act as Subject Matter Expert for assigned area of responsibility including operation and maintenance of systems to meet safety, compliance, and expense budget goals.
- Perform project management duties including requesting and managing capital funds, coordination of design engineers, coordination of contract/contractor services (insect/rodent control, trash, housekeeping, security, exterior building and grounds), installation/start-up of facilities and maintenance of systems (parts systems, preventative maintenance, telephone, computer hardware and equipment calibration) as required.
- Draft/Manage/Administer required documents, as appropriate, for Facilities tasks and/or project work (including, but not limited to: construction protocols, triage forms, updates for CMMS items, annual EHS contractor training, system for contractor safety pre-qualification as required by EHS, etc.).
- Identify and communicate to supervision all immediate and potential quality, safety, or environmental issues (material, procedure, and process) as observed.
- Responsible for ensuring the reliability of equipment/utilities that supports the processing and packaging of Lancaster products.
- Must be responsive to the manufacturing environment for maximum up-time of equipment. Provide back-up support to Facility Team members as well as off shift support coverage.
- Perform Corrective, Preventative, and Emergency Maintenance and document within CMMS.
- Contribute to root-cause analysis of facilities equipment/utilities downtime issues.
- Support the planning group with information to order repair parts or coordinate contracted repair services. Order, receive, inspect and organize incoming spare and charge parts, manufacturing supplies, facilities supplies, etc.
- Ensure that all documentation associated with his/her activities is documented with Good Documentation Practices. (includes but not limited to: CMMS, protocols, batch records, investigations, PM modification forms and log books)
- Follows all appropriate safety requirements- use of PPE, Lock out/tag out, confined space entry, etc. Works safely on the mechanical and electrical elements/components of heat pumps, chillers, air handling units, boilers, gas furnaces, and other ancillary equipment.
- Participates in protocols, change control activities in the planning, execution and analysis phases.
- Operate Facilities equipment/machinery to support the manufacturing and/or packaging of product, as per applicable SOPs, for the purpose of troubleshooting/adjustment/repairs/etc. Operate Forklift and Personnel Lift.
- Administer all activities related with the storage, transportation, and off-site disposal of non-hazardous wastes and maintain all records. Perform responsibilities associated with management of hazardous waste as qualified through training.
- Follow applicable SOPs and batch records.
- Maintain an updated and current training record (adhere to training due dates in Compliance Wire, completing assigned “no completion date” training within 60 days of assignment, etc.)
- Participate in Safety initiatives and other plant designated programs (JJPS, Safety Day, etc.)
- Willing to assist and support projects and other key plant initiatives as needed. Maintains a level of flexibility to meet maintenance and Project deadlines.
- Works with Information Technology personnel during periods of technical difficulties, patching, or upgrades on various facility systems.
- Collaboratively works towards solutions in a professional demeanor when confronted with challenges, opportunities, and problems.
- Present a professional office appearance, eliminating desk clutter. Own assigned area from a 5S perspective, meeting standards and maintaining inspection readiness.
- Willingness to travel for training and developmental opportunities.
- Performs other related duties as required, including snow removal.
- Conduct work based on established and certified cGMP, Safety & Environmental practices.
- Participates in investigations and internal and external audits.
- Maintains a safe and clean work environment.
- Ensures all assigned trainings are completed on-time.
- Ensure training in the assigned tasks have been delivered prior to execution.
- Identifying continuous improvement opportunities for process and equipment.
- Maintain 5S status of facility maintenance areas.
- High school diploma or its equivalent
- Completed and documented formal training program of two or more years or a minimum of five years technical work experience
- PA DEP Wastewater License – Class A, B, C, or D. Class E will not be considered.
- Specific technical experience troubleshooting, doing repairs, improving processes, and performing preventative maintenance while acting in a mechanical, electrical, machinist, electronic, or hydraulic/pneumatic capacity. Strong mechanical background with an emphasis in electrical and controls.
- Demonstrated ability to operate PLCs is highly desirable.
- Three years’ experience in a similarly manufacturing environment (i.e. clean room, machinery, processes, continuous production, etc.)
- Prior experience operating and maintaining utility/facilities systems is preferred.
- Experience in a regulated, automated industry is preferred. Pharmaceutical/GMP experience is preferred.
- Heavy work that requires physical effort, communication skills, hand-eye coordination, and the ability to move. Involves body movements such as: reclining, climbing, reaching, bending, crawling, squatting, kneeling, and climbing up and down stairs/ladders. Requires movement of objects such as: pulling, throwing, carrying, lifting, and pushing. Also Snow shoveling.
- Manipulation of machinery and equipment, and fork lift driving/ personnel lift.
- The ability to work in a highly integrated team environment, providing strong support to teammates and customers.
- Read and write English, knowledgeable on diagram/drawing/schematic reading and repair manual interpretation. Basic knowledge in Microsoft programs (Outlook, Excel, Word, etc.).
- Demonstrated ability to safely/effectively operate machine shop equipment (i.e. drill press, powered band saws, etc.)
- Able to work extra hours, at night or on weekends and/or irregular shifts. Ale to respond to emergency calls. Able to support other departments or projects according to business needs. Willingness to be on-call for off-hours, holidays, and weekends.
J & J Consumer Inc. (6101)