Johnson & Johnson Careers
Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
Director, North America Commercial Education - Ethicon
Somerville, New Jersey
Requisition ID: 0558180504
Johnson & Johnson Medical Devices, a member of Johnson & Johnson family of companies, is currently recruiting for a Director, Commercial Education to be located in Somerville, NJ, or Cincinnati, OH.
Johnson & Johnson Medical Device Companies produce a broad range of innovative products and solutions used primarily by health care professionals in the fields of orthopaedics, neurological disease, infection prevention, cardiovascular disease, and aesthetics. Johnson & Johnson Medical Devices contains key surgical platforms such as Wound Closure, Orthopedics, Open and Minimally Invasive Stapling, Energy, Biosurgery, Aesthetics, ENT, and Cardiovascular surgical products. As the most comprehensive devices business in the world, Johnson & Johnson Medical Devices is best suited to serve evolving customer needs, train more surgeons to improve standards of care, and treat more patients globally as access expands.
The Director has a critical leadership role within Education Solutions and ETHICON. This individual has the responsibility of creating the US Sales Learning strategy and implementation plans for Ethicon, ensuring alignment with Marketing, Sales and the Global Strategy and Design team. This individual is responsible for adhering to all applicable legal and regulatory requirements as well as Company Health Care Compliance policies. He/she is responsible for overseeing the execution of clinical and non-clinical sales training for the US field sales organization and the development of Commercial Education associates for roles of increased responsibility in the commercial organization.
• Leadership role in the implementation of sales education capability to include; new hire training, masters programs, regional training programs, selling skills, and other programs aimed at elevating the critical competencies of our selling organization.
• Member of the North America Medical Device leadership team responsible for collaborating to find improved effectiveness and efficiencies in the development and execution of learning.
• May participate as a member of the Ethicon Commercial Directors Council (or like group)
• Develop vision, mission, goals and commercial education strategy assuring alignment with enterprise strategy and leveraging global strategy and design work.
• Continue to lead the commercial education organization to build upon a learner centric transformation.
• Partner with marketing & other key stakeholders to assist in the design & execution of educational programs to enhance the competitiveness of our selling organization.
• Partner with Global Strategy and Design team to build and execute learning continuums.
• Lead the flawless execution of Launch Excellence process as related to training in US.
• Lead the implementation learning sessions at National or Regional Training Meetings.
• Develop & manage a commercial education calendar for training programs & recertification’s that meet the demands of the business.
• Strategy & management of the Manager, Commercial Education (MCE) program/organization.
• Strategy and oversight of the Sales Training Representative (STR) program.
• Support and consult on training approach and development of a robust Train the Trainer methodology.
• Maintain strong clinical knowledge and current knowledge of best in class learning practices across Ethicon & Medical Device. Liaise with Medical Device leaders to find efficiencies.
• Deploy Metrics to measure effectiveness of training to improve sales performance.
• Accountability for developing, tracking and achieving an annual operating budget.
• Bachelor’s Degree is required, advanced degree is preferred
• Minimum of ten (10) years in progressive Healthcare roles is required
• Experience in a minimum of two (2) commercial roles: Sales, Commercial Education or Professional Education, Brand Marketing, Account Management or Sales Management with history of success is required
• Medical Device experience is strongly preferred
• Minimum of three (3) years of experience successfully managing a team of employees is required
• Proven ability to understand business strategy; translate it into solutions that support the company’s business goals is required
• Proven ability to create & execute development programs that assist / result in the promotion of employees is required
• Ability to lead cross functional teams and across a matrix organization is required
• Proven ability to connect to garner voice of customer in shaping future state is preferred
• Awareness of adult learning theory/instructional design and experience in innovative training modalities is preferred
• Project management experience in the execution of complex programs is preferred
• Awareness of process excellence is preferred
• Demonstrates creative, practical problem solving skills is preferred
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills are required
• Effective interpersonal and teamwork skills are required
• Project leadership, problem solving & solutions driven skills are required
• This position is located in Somerville, NJ or Cincinnati, OH, and requires up to 40% domestic travel
United States-New Jersey-Somerville
Depuy Orthopaedics. Inc. (6029)