Johnson & Johnson Careers
Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
Principal FPGA / Hardware Engineer, Product Development, Sports Medicine
Requisition ID: 0541180208
DePuy Synthes, a member of Johnson & Johnson's Family of Companies, is recruiting for a Principal FPGA / Hardware Engineer, in Sports Product Development group, located in Raynham, MA.
DePuy Synthes is a Johnson & Johnson company that is one of the leaders in the medical device industry. Our implants and instruments are used by orthopaedic surgeons to treat patients with conditions resulting from traumatic injuries, degenerative diseases, deformities, and sports related injuries. Our environment is entrepreneurial, learning-driven, and is as challenging as it is rewarding.
DePuy Synthes Companies of Johnson & Johnson is the largest, most innovative and comprehensive orthopaedic and neurological business in the world. DePuy Synthes Companies will offer an unparalleled breadth and depth of products, services and programs in the areas of joint reconstruction, trauma, spine, sports medicine, neurological, craniomaxillofacial, power tools and biomaterials. Building on the legacy and strengths of two great companies, we are creating one organization that will be agile and better equipped in today's evolving health care environment. With a focus on activating insights to develop innovative, comprehensive solutions, we are inspired to advance patient care in greater ways than either company could accomplish on its own.
The Principal FPGA / Hardware Engineer will be part of an R&D team responsible for the design and development of current and new products. He/she will work with design engineers, surgeons, manufacturing, regulatory affairs, product directors, and other team members to develop product requirements and concepts on new and existing electro-mechanical devices. This individual will complete necessary documentation to support design/development changes. He/she will lead the technical aspects of the engineering effort for electrical and electronic components, keeping Design for Value as an important consideration. Candidates will be responsible for prototyping, troubleshooting, failure analysis, verification/validation testing and generation of protocols as well as documenting test reports. The engineer will participate in design reviews, presenting results of formal analysis, generating project progress reports, and investigation summaries. In addition, the engineer will be responsible for planning assigned tasks. He/She will know and follow all laws and policies that apply to one's job, and maintain the highest levels of professionalism, ethics and compliance at all times.
- A minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or related discipline is required.
- A minimum of 8 years of relevant FPGA/VHDL experience is required.
- Detailed knowledge of digital design from initial concept, simulation, schematic capture, layout management and through commercial deployment is required.
- Medical device design experience and familiarity with standards such as IEC 62304 highly desirable.
- Experience with Altera FPGAs, tools, and NIOS softcore highly desirable.
- Experience with the following IP highly desirable: DDR2/DDR3 Memory, SerDes, UART, I2C, SPI, PCIe, video drivers.
- Experience with C programming highly desirable.
- Experience with Verilog is desirable.
- Understanding of digital signal processing with an emphasis in image signal processing pipelines is desirable.
- Experience working with Altera Quartus or Xilinx ISE or equivalent design software, Analog or Digital simulation, C/C++, Hardware driver development is desired
- Understanding of image signal processing, processing blocks, Graphical User Interfaces (GUIs), User Interfax (UX) design, On-Screen Display (OSD) is desirable
- The ability to effectively communicate concepts, ideas and knowledge to upper management, other individuals, customers and/ or teams across the organization is required.
- Experience in medical device process design and development is preferred.
- Willing to work in medical environments such as cadaver labs and Operating Rooms is required.
- This position is in Raynham, MA and may require up to 10% travel including international.
DePuySynthes Products Inc (6149)
R&D Engineering (R&D)