Johnson & Johnson Careers
Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
Senior Project Manager, Product Development, Sports Medicine
Requisition ID: 0539180209
DePuy Synthes, a member of Johnson & Johnson's Family of Companies, is recruiting for a Senior Project Manager, in Sports Product Development group, located in Raynham, MA.
DePuy Synthes is a Johnson & Johnson company that is one of the leaders in the medical device industry. Our implants and instruments are used by orthopaedic surgeons to treat patients with conditions resulting from traumatic injuries, degenerative diseases, deformities, and sports related injuries. Our environment is entrepreneurial, learning-driven, and is as challenging as it is rewarding.
DePuy Synthes Companies of Johnson & Johnson is the largest, most innovative and comprehensive orthopaedic and neurological business in the world. DePuy Synthes Companies will offer an unparalleled breadth and depth of products, services and programs in the areas of joint reconstruction, trauma, spine, sports medicine, neurological, craniomaxillofacial, power tools and biomaterials. Building on the legacy and strengths of two great companies, we are creating one organization that will be agile and better equipped in today's evolving health care environment. With a focus on activating insights to develop innovative, comprehensive solutions, we are inspired to advance patient care in greater ways than either company could accomplish on its own.
The Senior Project Manager is considered a subject matter expert. They will identify critical paths and roadblocks within a project and offer solutions to roadblocks. They will provide leadership and guidance to team members. Individuals in this position will possess critical organizational knowledge.
The Senior Project Manager will:
- Understand and follow the NPD process with a focus on quality.
- Manage project risk through comprehensive mitigation assessment and planning techniques.
- Be responsible for working with stakeholders to develop project plans and project risk analyses for all assigned projects.
- Be responsible for communication of project status to all project stakeholders. Communication includes: project meeting minutes, post-market introduction reports, monthly updates and any status or project information needed.
- Be responsible for defining key project constraints such as scope, schedule, budget, resources and risks.
- Clearly communicate roles, expectations and accountabilities to team members on a regular basis.
- Be the lead contact for all internal stakeholders (manufacturing, accounting, purchasing, sterilization, packaging, etc.) regarding project activities.
- Establish and maintain relationships with all stakeholders (global & domestic).
- Liaise with functional managers or stakeholders as needed to ensure project goals are achieved.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Engineering or related fields required.
- 4 years of industry experience required, 2 years of project management experience desired.
- Medical device (mechanical and/or software/electronics) experience preferred
- Master’s Degree (business or related field) preferred.
- Project Management Professional Certification (PMP) preferred.
- Demonstrated success in leading a project from concept through market introduction is required.
- Demonstrated exceptional problem-solving ability is required.
- Excellent verbal, written and presentation skills are required.
- Proficiency utilizing the MS Office Suite (Project, Work, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio, Outlook, SharePoint) is required.
- Must be able to work independently, provide multiple solutions to problems and effectively integrate systems.
- Well organized, self-motivated, energetic, creative and resourceful.
- This position may require up to 20% travel domestic and international.
DePuySynthes Products Inc (6149)
R&D Engineering (R&D)