Johnson & Johnson Careers
Immune Response Scientist
Requisition ID: 0536180823
Janssen Research & Development, L.L.C., a division of Johnson & Johnson's Family of Companies is hiring an Immune Response Scientist located in Spring House, PA.
At the Janssen Pharmaceutical Companies of Johnson & Johnson, what matters most is helping people live full and healthy lives. We focus on treating, curing and preventing some of the most devastating and complex diseases of our time. And we pursue the most promising science, wherever it might be found.
Janssen Biotech, Inc. delivers on the promise of new treatments and ways to improve the health of individuals with serious disease. Built upon a legacy of innovative firsts, Janssen Biotech pursues advancing patient care with immunology and oncology solutions. Please visit www.JanssenBiotech.com for more information.
We are Janssen. Our mission drives us. Our patients inspire us. We collaborate with the world for the health of everyone in it.
As a member of the Antibody Generation Group, the Immune Response Biologist will work closely with connected departments to design and execute immunization strategies in rodents, llamas, and rabbits. This will include immunogen/adjuvant design and preparation, rodent immunization via multiple routes (IP, SC, IV, IM), tissue processing, and serological assay development (Flow cytometry/ELISA). The candidate will also provide guidance to immunization studies at Contract Research Organizations (CRO). The Scientist will expand on existing antibody generation capabilities (B-cell cloning and Hybridoma platforms) and will provide strategic and scientific input into immunization strategies and assays to produce therapeutic antibodies and research tool reagents. Immune Response Scientist will:
- Performing in vivo immunizations
- Researching and troubleshooting immunization strategies for immunizations
- Developing and performing ex-vivo assays
- Design studies and QC data from CRO activities
- Master’s degree with 9 years of relevant experience OR a PhD with 5 years of relevant experience is required
- Experience with pharmaceutical antibody production is required
- Experience in hands on in-vivo techniques with rodents is required
- Experience with transgenic rodent immune systems, B-cell retrieval and screening platform protocol development is preferred
- Knowledge and experience with laboratory animal regulations and ethics (USDA, IACUC) is preferred
- Strong background in in-vitro techniques is required
- Ability to develop and perform in vitro assays (ex. MSD, ELISA & LUMINEX, PCR, qPCR) is required
- Ability to keep clear and concise records of research data is required
Johnson & Johnson is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
United States-Pennsylvania-Spring House
Janssen Research & Development, LLC. (6084)