Johnson & Johnson Surgical Vision (JJSV) is recruiting for a Staff Firmware Engineer, R&D, located in Milpitas, CA.
The Johnson & Johnson Surgical Vision goal is improving sight throughout a patient’s lifetime. J&J Surgical Vision is well positioned to address a full range of vision health needs for global markets: The No. 2 global provider of CATARACT products and a leader in presbyopia-correcting IOLs, the Global REFRACTIVE (LASIK) market leader, all supported with a CONSUMER EYE HEALTH diverse portfolio of solutions and drops. Research, innovation and new-product development are the focus of our organization.
Our Femtosecond Laser R&D team of engineers, designers, and technical specialists are on the forefront of technology in the medical device industry. You will be making a vital contribution to the New Product Development pipeline and transforming patient care through innovation.
Our Staff Firmware Engineer- leads and executes specific and general assignments/projects that provide creative, functional, cost effective, and validated product designs in a team-based environment. This is an opportunity for a key role in bringing exciting new products to market in support of the J&J Vision Care venture.
- Design, integrate and test real-time controls and monitoring on embedded hardware for safety critical medical device application.
- Resolve issues requiring analysis of situations or data to identify underlying root cause.
- As part of a team, develop code as part of larger software development projects.
- Serve as subject matter expert in areas of competence.
- Develop unit test protocols, support software QA on integration and system verification activities.
- BS in computer engineering, electrical engineering, Physics or related fields is required. Masters’ of Science is preferred.
- 6+ years of work experience is required
- 4+ years of related firmware experience is required.
- Proficiency in C/C++, RTOS and Microcontroller design under Windows and Linux is required.
- Experience with I2C, SPI, RS485, TCP, UDP protocols are preferred.
- Experience with software development best-practices, source code control, design documentation, code review, and software release.
- Experience in writing software requirements and design documentation is preferred
- Experience with at least one full cycle of commercial product release is preferred
- Familiar with source control systems and agile software development.
- Demonstrated verbal and written communication skills
- Experience with LabVIEW, Python, UML, C#, or Qt would be an asset
- Experience with test and measurement devices and associated APIs would be an asset
- Rapid prototyping experience.
- Experience working in FDA regulated industry is preferred; highly regulated industry experience.
- Ability to travel up to 10%, domestic and international is required
Johnson & Johnson is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Johnson & Johnson Surgical Vision, Inc (6234)