Johnson & Johnson Careers
Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
Senior Marketing Manager, US Marketing – Digital Surgery
Requisition ID: 0524180508
Johnson & Johnson Medical Devices, a member of the Johnson & Johnson family of companies, is currently recruiting for a Senior Marketing Manager, US Marketing – Digital Surgery to join our team located in Cincinnati, OH. Up to 40% domestic travel is required.
Johnson & Johnson Medical Devices currently has $20 billion in worldwide sales, and the business is expected to experience solid growth over the next five to seven years. Our Medical Devices business segment produces a broad range of innovative products and solutions used primarily by health care professionals in the fields of orthopedics, neurological disease, vision care, diabetes care, infection prevention, diagnostics, cardiovascular disease, and aesthetics.
Ethicon, as part of the Medical Devices business segment, is committed to delivering innovative products, solutions and programs to address unmet customer and patient needs around the world. Our customers and the patients they treat are our priorities. Our relentless commitment to quality and the principles that define us in Our Credo have helped us achieve significant milestones and continue to help us deliver significant growth year after year.
J&J / Ethicon and Google joined forces in 2015 with the vision of developing a next-generation surgical platform to transform the OR. Aligned to a goal of “democratizing surgery,” Verb Surgical was formed in 2015 and is developing a Digital Surgery platform uniquely designed to enable less invasive approaches across more procedures, ORs, and hospitals, and also to bring new benefits beyond what laparoscopic and robotic surgery have in the past.
The Senior Marketing Manager, US Marketing – Digital Surgery will play a lead role in shaping and executing against pre-market strategy to enable successful commercialization of the Digital Surgery platform in the US. You will foster strong relationships with global, local, and cross functional partners and will play a key role in leading the organization in preparing for launch of the system. Additionally, you will maximize opportunities for engagement with customers and our internal organization around the vision, value proposition, and future promise of the Digital Surgery platform.
Responsibilities will include:
- Lead and mobilize the organization to drive Market, Brand, and Organizational readiness to enable platform commercialization.
- Engage and educate key external stakeholders to shape the market through differentiation, build brand equity, and generate commercial momentum.
- Develop a communication framework and execution plan for key external and internal stakeholders, consistent with key platform and portfolio objectives from pre- through post-launch.
- Refine and implement a Digital Surgery customer engagement plan in coordination and partnership with key stakeholders including the Ethicon Global Strategic Marketing team, Field Sales, Strategic Customer Group, Business Insights, Healthcare Economics and Market Access, Clinical, R&D, etc.
- Partner with key customers, in close collaboration with the Ethicon Field Sales Organization and Medical Devices Strategic Customer Group, to establish a unique market leadership position for Digital Surgery, minimize future adoption barriers, and provide reasons-to-believe for “waiting” for the promise of our future platform.
- Monitor trends in the space, assess competitive activity, and synthesize appropriate information to inform future strategic directions, with strong links to relevant cross-functional partners.
- Create and execute customer advisory boards and forums to derive meaningful insights to inform strategy and tactics development.
- Analyze market data and conduct thorough analyses of market opportunities to execute short and long-term plans against identified opportunities based on customer, category, competitive data and insights.
- Represent Verb Surgical / Global Strategic Marketing / US Marketing in customer facing meetings, society events, advisory boards and other key stakeholder engagements.
- Provide input to inform pipeline of meaningful, differentiated and sustainable new robotic products and claims where needed based on US region customer insights.
- Develop pre- through post-launch marketing plans to drive early market development, technology adoption, and long-term commercialization success.
- Proactively identify learning needs and seek new and better tools and methodologies to provide creative solutions to business issues.
Do you strive to join an outstanding team that is dynamic and ever-changing? Is career growth and opportunity appealing to you? Apply to this opportunity today.
- A minimum of a Bachelor's Degree is required; an MBA or related advanced degree is strongly preferred.
- A minimum of eight years of relevant business experience with a minimum of four years in Marketing, is required.
- Experience in brand strategy and communications, consumer insights and analytics, marketing planning and execution, business and financial acumen, strategic planning and pipeline preparation, launch excellence and marketing communications is preferred.
- Prior experience to the Medical Device industry is preferred.
- Previous product launch experience required.
- A blend of upstream and downstream marketing experience is preferred.
- Exceptional customer focus and relationship building skills is required.
- Experience in developing effective relationships across a diverse group of clinical and nonclinical stakeholders across all levels of hospital organizations is preferred.
- Up to 40% domestic travel is required, including some evenings and weekends.
Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies are equal opportunity employers, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Ethicon US, LLC (6040)