Johnson & Johnson Careers
Director, Global Strategic Marketing - Ocular Surface
Requisition ID: 0515190726
Johnson and Johnson Surgical Vision (JJSV) is recruiting for a Director, Global Strategy - Ocular Surface, located in Santa Ana, CA.
The Johnson & Johnson Surgical Vision goal is improving sight throughout a patient’s lifetime. J&J Surgical Vision is well positioned to address a full range of vision health needs for global markets: The No. 2 global provider of CATARACT products and a leader in presbyopia-correcting IOLs, the Global REFRACTIVE (LASIK) market leader, all supported with a CONSUMER EYE HEALTH diverse portfolio of solutions and drops. Research, innovation and new-product development are the focus of our organization.
In this role you will provide critical support to the Ocular Surface platform in driving our innovation & portfolio strategy and the commercial messaging efforts to maximize our opportunity in the Ocular Surface therapeutic area across J&J Vision.
- Responsible for developing both Global downstream & upstream marketing strategies to support the Ocular Surface Portfolio growth & Dry Eye Category development across JJ Vision.
- Portfolio scope for Innovation strategy includes Surgical Equipment (TearScience), strategic partnership with OTC and contact lenses and new business development opportunities. For Downstream strategy, key focus is on driving TearScience portfolio growth.
- Delivering the marketing strategy and direction for the Ocular Surface Portfolio, Go-To-Market plan and long term portfolio Lifecycle strategy– with a focus on the OS Equipment (TearScience)
- Partnering with OS Platform Lead to shape the Long Term innovation strategy with Global R&D, Business Development and ensure excellence in execution of new product launch.
- Driving solid partnerships with Regions and commercial leads to develop and build strong GTM plans and OUS market expansion.
- Supporting the Global Value Stream Team to exceed customer quality & supply commitments (ie: support Supply strategy, regulatory/quality plan)
- In close partnership with OS Platform, accountable for leading the Global Ocular Surface annual business plan and partner with commercial leads to drive strong execution and resource allocation.
- Responsible for the Global BME budget management, striving for efficiencies wherever possible.
- Driving Targets, preparing the Health of the business review, accompanied by ongoing analysis of commercial performance, external category growth to determine insight based corrective action where necessary.
- Champion of a strong culture of insight generation, data analysis and use.
- Leadership and direct report management of Global marketing managers; and drive talent development agenda
Experience and Skills:
- Minimum of 10 years of progressive sales and/or marketing experience or equivalent in healthcare marketing or in Medical Devices marketing.
- Prior experience with creating new markets is preferred.
- Global brand management experience preferred with a demonstrated record of marketing leadership including integrated communications/advertising delivery, new product launches, business plan development, and/or classical marketing training.
- A demonstrated ability to influence cross-functional and senior management to impact decision-making is required as well as a demonstrated track record in identifying winning consumer insights, growth opportunities, and priorities.
- Prior commercial line management experience and/or local Commercial experience (sales) is preferred
- Understands J&J global structure and processes is preferred.
- Successful experience in managing people and/or leading a cross functional team - with coaching and mentoring skills to develop team members is required.
- Puts the CREDO at the heart of every day-to-day activity and behavior with people.
- Travel percentage – a minimum of 30% domestic and international.
Johnson & Johnson is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
United States-California-Santa Ana-
Johnson & Johnson Surgical Vision, Inc (6234)