Johnson & Johnson Careers
Johnson & Johnson Consumer R&D Co-Op (January-June 2019)
Requisition ID: 0512180503
Johnson & Johnson has over $71 billion in sales and is the world's most comprehensive and broadly based manufacturer of health care products, as well as a provider of related services, for consumer, pharmaceutical, and medical devices markets. More than 275 operating companies employ approximately 120,000 employees in over 65 countries around the world, selling products in more than 175 countries.
We are passionate about research, development and engineering. We develop products in the adult skin and hair, feminine care, oral health, wound care, infant, kids and teen categories. Included are such brand names as Band-Aid Adhesive Bandages, Johnson's Baby products, Neutrogena, Aveeno, Clean & Clear, Neostrata, Listerine, OGX, Rogaine, and Tylenol.
During the 6-month co-op term, you will:
- Design and develop creative consumer and personal care products for regional and global markets.
- Have the opportunity to function in a laboratory environment and/or research pilot facility.
- Work within multi-functional and interdisciplinary teams with multiple internal and external partners.
- Partner with peers, senior personnel, and supervisors who will provide mentorship towards successful outcomes.
- Have opportunities to network with company leaders, lead community service activities, tour external J&J facilities, and present your work to a wide audience.
Multiple co-op positions are available for this term and these positions span across a number of functional roles. Each co-op is assigned to a single function with a specific project. Below are examples of the various functional roles for which co-op positions may be available:
Formulation Science and Development: developing, testing, and scaling up new formulated products and ingredients (gels, emulsions, suspensions, creams, foams, lotions, cleansers, etc.)
- Relevant Experience: Chemical Engineering, Chemistry, Material Science & Engineering, Biomedical Engineering, Polymer Science, Biotechnology, Soft Matter Science, Food Science, Personal Care Science; formulation, chemical synthesis and analysis, wet chemistry, rheology, experience with polymers, surfactants, colloids, emulsions, and nanoparticles
Foundational Biology, Measurement Science and Product Efficacy Testing: utilizing biochemistry, optics and cell biology to develop and utilize new methods for testing product efficacy and new claim validation
- Relevant Experience: Biomedical Engineering, Microbiology, Biological Science, Biochemistry, Biotechnology, Medical Optics, Pharmaceutical Sciences, Neuroscience; method development, cell culturing, in-vitro and in-vivo methodologies, aseptic techniques, clinical testing
Consumer Device Engineering: prototyping, designing, developing and testing innovative consumer devices and engineered solutions based on deep consumer insights
- Relevant Experience: Mechanical Engineering, Software Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Biomedical Engineering, Chemical Engineering, Systems Engineering, design control, technical drawing (CAD), medical devices, electronics, 3D printing and design, mechanical and electrical design and testing, programming, machine learning
Package Engineering: developing and implementing packaging innovation and unique user experience, and developing supporting specifications, documentation, package line trials and package testing
- Relevant Experience: Packaging Science, Packaging Engineering, Materials Science, Engineering; package testing, package line trials, SolidWorks, 3D printing, knowledge of packaging materials
Specialty Roles in Consumer Science, Clinical Testing, and Technology Development: interdisciplinary roles connecting various aspects of product science, consumer psychology and perception, computational analysis and modeling, data management, market research, etc.
- Relevant Experience: Computer Science, Behavioral Science, Psychology, Consumer Science, Neuroscience; consumer psychology, clinical research, image analysis, consumer products / personal care market research, programming, regulatory, technology entrepreneurship, toxicology, human factors and user experience
If you are passionate about these roles, we urge you to apply below.
- Enrollment in a full-time undergraduate/graduate program seeking a degree majoring in a Science or Technology related field.
- A minimum 3.0 Cumulative GPA at the time of application.
- Ability to work 40 hours per week for the duration of the 6-month co-op term
- Authorization to work in the United States without limitations and require no sponsorship for visa status now or in the future (e.g. H1-B status).
- Relevant internship, co-op, laboratory or retail work experience
- History of leadership and multi-functional collaboration
Based on location of assignment, housing assistance is offered to students who live more than 50 miles from their work-site location. This housing assistance includes options for subsidized rent in a fully-furnished apartment close to the work-site, or a stipend payment for students to use at their discretion. Daily transportation to and from the work-site location is the student's responsibility, as most locations are not accessible via public transportation and company transportation is not provided.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
United States-New Jersey-Skillman
North America-United States-New Jersey-Princeton, North America-United States-Pennsylvania-Fort Washington
United States-New Jersey-Skillman-
J & J Consumer Inc. (6101)