Johnson & Johnson Careers
POSTDOCTORAL RESEARCHER VISION CARE
Requisition ID: 0510190327
Caring for the world, one person at a time has inspired and united the people of Johnson & Johnson for over 130 years. We embrace research and science -- bringing innovative ideas, products and services to advance the health and well-being of people.
With $76.5 billion in 2017 sales, Johnson & Johnson is the world's most comprehensive and broadly-based manufacturer of health care products, as well as a provider of related services, for the consumer, pharmaceutical, and medical devices markets. There are more than 250 Johnson & Johnson operating companies employing over 125,000 people and with products touching the lives of over a billion people every day, throughout the world. If you have the talent and desire to touch the world, Johnson & Johnson has the career opportunities to help make it happen.
Johnson & Johnson is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Johnson & Johnson Vision, a member of the Johnson & Johnson family of companies, is recruiting for a Clinical Science Post-Doctoral Researcher, located in Jacksonville, FL.
Johnson & Johnson Vision is committed to improving and restoring sight for patients worldwide. Since debuting the world’s first disposable soft contact lens in 1987, it has been helping patients see better through their world-leading ACUVUE® Brand Contact Lenses. In 2017, J&J expanded into cataract surgery, laser refractive surgery (LASIK) and consumer eye health and now serves more than 60 million patients a day across 103 countries with its eye health portfolio. Thriving on a diverse company culture, celebrating the uniqueness of our employees and committed to inclusion. Proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
You, the Clinical Science Post-Doctoral Researcher will:
- Design, conduct, and interpret clinical research studies in support of new product introduction.
- Contribute in the origination or direction of experiments through the development of methodologies.
- Review, analyze, and interpret data, and draw conclusions which lead to planning further research.
- Summarize and interpret clinical study data in technical reports.
- Communicate clinical study results and conclusions to cross-function teams using appropriate interpretation and understanding of clinical outcomes related to product performance.
- Keep ahead of changing and emerging industry, business, and technical trends and competitive product offerings to influence R&D to improve products, processes, and services.
- Seek out and build relationships with new and existing external subject matter experts to develop solutions to project problems and clinical research approaches including development of new test methods.
- Be recognized as a subject matter expert on contact lens and clinical research in JJVC.
- Adhere to environmental policy, procedures, and supports department environmental objectives.
- Engage in Credo-based decision-making.
- Provide input to and executes clinical strategies in support of new product development, including trial concepts, design, execution, data analysis and interpretation, as well as clinical study reporting, in collaboration with Clinical Operations.
- Partner with R&D technical team, global marketing, marketing research and regional partners to complete development projects that meet the needs of all stakeholders.
- Support activities related to safety aspects of clinical new product development including clinical risk assessments, in conjunction with franchise Medical Safety Officer.
- Create and sustain a learning environment to develop and share best practices throughout the organization.
- Performs other related duties as assigned by management.
- This position is located in Jacksonville, FL, and may require approximately 15% travel, both domestic and international.
- Doctoral Degree - Optometry, PhD in Vision Sciences, or MD with specialty in Ophthalmology is required.
- Must be available to work Full-time.
- Candidates must be legally authorized to work in the United States and not require sponsorship for employment visa status (e.g. H1-B status) now or in the future.
- Post-graduate degree or residency in cornea and contact lenses is preferred.
- At least 3 years post-undergraduate working experience in either clinical research of contact lens products, or vision science, or basic science research, or patient care experience is required.
- Comprehensive knowledge, understanding and application of principles, concepts and practices of clinical research is required.
- Academic and/or industrial clinical trial experience is strongly preferred.
- Strong organizational, analytical, communication and interpersonal skills is required.
- Ability to interpret and communicate technical and scientific data to clinical and non-clinical audiences is required.
- Demonstrated ability to build successful relationships with key opinion leaders and investigators globally is preferred.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office is required. Additional technical competencies in information technology systems and experience with PubMed and other literature databases are preferred.
- Ability to work individually (independently) as well as on a team is required.
- Demonstrated leadership is desired.
- Participation in campus/community service activities is desired.
- Candidates must be detail-oriented, highly organized and able to manage multiple tasks.
- A minimum G.P.A. of 3.0 is strongly preferred.
Johnson & Johnson Vision Care, Inc. (6094)