Johnson & Johnson Careers
Return-To-Work EHSS Specialist (Re-Ignite)
Requisition ID: 0507190724
Did you take a break from the professional world to pursue other priorities? Do you want to develop technologies and create solutions that significantly improve patients' lives? If you are an experienced, high-caliber STEM Professional eager to return to engineering after a break of two or more years, this “Re-Ignite Career Program is for you.
This four (4) month paid returnship as part of our Re-Ignite Career Program will refresh your technical skills while you work with a market leader in healthcare. In addition to key job responsibilities, we provide technical training, professional development, and peer mentoring with full access to the J&J community at Johnson & Johnson Vision Care and the possibility of becoming a full-time employee after completion of the program with the most dynamic health care organization in the world, Johnson & Johnson.
Johnson & Johnson Vision Care is recruiting for an EHSS Specialist, located in Jacksonville, Florida. for our Re-Ignite Career Program.
The EHSS Specialist will lead environmental activities at a diverse, high tech end to end manufacturing facility with research and development and distribution operations. You will monitor and evaluate EHSS risks of operations, including change management, ensuring continuous improvement of the EHSS environmental program to make it leaner and more efficient. You will be the EHSS leader for the environmental management system and reducing the site environmental footprint.
- Environmental Technical lead for EHSS programs that supports execution of the J&J EHSS Policy and drives continuous improvement.
- Lead projects requiring advanced knowledge of EHSS principles, practices and regulatory requirements from identification of potential risk to analysis of the level of risk to the implementation of appropriate control measures.
- Develop programs and assess compliance to assure that workplace conditions align with all federal, state, local government and company environmental requirements.
- Review new regulations from outside agencies and new Johnson and Johnson WWEHSS policies and procedures against current site programs and practices for gaps, opportunities for improvement and/or removal of non-value-added activities.
- Provide technical support and mentoring to site personnel as required to ensure compliance with environmental regulations and requirements.
- Bachelor’s degree required; preferable in Occupational Safety, Environmental Science or Engineering.
- A current career break from a STEM position of two or more years, required
- A minimum of 4-6 years of experience in Environmental, Health and Safety (EHSS) is required,
- Experience is required in identifying, evaluating and controlling EHSS risks in the workplace.
- Technical experience in diverse EHSS areas including but not limited to air, water, hazardous and medical waste, chemical handling, and environmental management is highly desirable.
- Demonstrated project management skills and good interpersonal skills are required.
- The ability to be exposed to working conditions such as work from ladders, elevated surfaces, platforms, high energy sources, controlled chemical substances, controlled infectious agents and noise required. The ability to sit, stand and walk for extended periods and perform repetitive tasks such as lifting, carrying, bending, reaching, pulling, pushing required.
- The Re-Ignite Program is designed to increase the pipeline of STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering and Math) talent who are returning from a two or more-year career break. This program provides the opportunity for professionals to get back into the workforce at a later life stage and offers a powerful return-to-work strategy for individuals.
- If you are ready to re-launch your career and are looking to grow and stretch with new opportunities, The Re-Ignite Program is for you.
Johnson & Johnson is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Johnson & Johnson Vision Care, Inc. (6094)