Johnson & Johnson Careers
Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
Senior Counsel, Patent Contracts
New Brunswick, New Jersey
Requisition ID: 0506180122
The Johnson & Johnson Law Department is recruiting for a Senior Counsel, Patent Contracts located in New Brunswick, NJ.
Caring for the world, one person at a time, has inspired and united the people of Johnson & Johnson for 125 years. We embrace research and science -- bringing innovative ideas, products and services to advance the health and well-being of people. Employees of the Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies work with partners in health care to touch the lives of over a billion people every day, throughout the world.
With $71.9 billion in 2016 sales, Johnson & Johnson is the world's most comprehensive and broadly-based manufacturer of health care products, as well as a provider of related services, for the consumer, pharmaceutical, and medical devices and diagnostics markets. There are more than 265 Johnson & Johnson operating companies employing approximately 126,500 people and with products touching the lives of over a billion people every day, throughout the world. If you have the talent and desire to touch the world, Johnson & Johnson has the career opportunities to help make it happen.
Thriving on a diverse company culture, celebrating the uniqueness of our employees and committed to inclusion. Proud to be an equal opportunity employer
This Senior Counsel, Patent Contracts has responsibility for providing legal support for Johnson & Johnson’s research & development affiliates. In collaboration with patent attorneys, this position will manage, review, revise, and assist in negotiation of various types of agreements, such as Confidentiality Agreements, Material Transfer Agreements, Consulting Agreements, Clinical Trial Agreements, and Services Agreements requested by J&J’s research & development affiliates.
As the Senior Counsel, Patent Contracts, you will:
• Work with patent attorneys to identify modifications required to agreements necessary for compliance with business and legal requirements, on a project-by-project/product-by-product basis, as well as J&J standards and policies.
• Develop project/product specific modifications to contract templates, guidance notes, and fallback positions in compliance with business and legal requirements, as well as J&J standards and policies.
• Review agreement requests received by the Supplier Contract Services (“SCS”) team and obtaining additional/clarifying information as necessary from business partners/patent attorneys; determining if request is in-scope for SCS team; reviewing proposed agreement templates provided by SCS team and revising agreement templates, as necessary, based on project/product specific criteria and legal/policy considerations; and reviewing third-party revisions received on agreements and accepting or revising further based on project/product specific criteria and legal/policy considerations and discussion with business partners/patent attorneys.
• Ensure expeditious legal review of agreement requests.
• Participate in additional special projects that require legal or contracting expertise.
• A Juris Doctor degree with admission to (and current good standing with) the bar of at least one state or the District of Columbia in required.
• Admission to practice before the USPTO is preferred.
• A minimum of 4 years of legal experience is required.
• A minimum of 2 years of legal transactional experience drafting, reviewing, revising and negotiating agreements, and demonstrating the ability to identify and mitigate risks/exposure points is required.
• Experience with intellectual property transactions is required.
• Experience within the pharmaceutical / biotechnology industry is preferred.
• Knowledge of corporate contracting and compliance, preferably in the pharmaceutical/healthcare industry, is required.
• Proficiency in MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) is required; proficiency in contract database systems is preferred.
• Strong negotiation and interpersonal skills, and the ability to communicate and collaborate effectively with others at all levels of the organization are required.
• Ability to work with internal constituents and third parties, with the creativity and discernment relative to executing jobs, is required.
• Must exhibit ability to work with minimal supervision or direction using a high degree of independent analytical and ethical judgement.
• Must be creative and motivated, with the ability to work well individually and in team environment and manage multiple tasks at a time and efficiently.
• Strong verbal and written skills are required.
• Ability to work effectively in a dynamic deadline driven environment, exercising strong ability to multi-task and prioritize is required.
• Proven ability to develop effective interdependent partnering relationships with the ability to collaborate with business partners and clients effectively is required.
• Ability to travel approximately 15% of the time, mainly to domestic destinations is required.
United States-New Jersey-New Brunswick
Johnson & Johnson (6067)