Johnson & Johnson Careers
Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
Senior Process Engineer III
Requisition ID: 0505180122
DePuy Synthes Companies of Johnson & Johnson is recruiting for an Senior Process Engineer to be located in Warsaw, IN.
DePuy Synthes Companies of Johnson & Johnson is the largest, most innovative and comprehensive orthopaedic and neurological business in the world. DePuy Synthes Companies offer an unparalleled breadth and depth of products, services and programs in the areas of joint reconstruction, trauma, spine, sports medicine, neurological, craniomaxillofacial, power tools and biomaterials. Building on the legacy and strengths of two great companies, more agile and better equipped to meet the needs of today’s evolving health care environment. With a focus on activating insights to develop innovative, comprehensive solutions, we are inspired to advance patient care in greater ways than either company could accomplish on its own.
The role is to provide engineering support for manufacturing operations based within the value streams. The role requires technical ownership to be taken for a number of process steps and contributing towards key business drivers such as HSE, Quality, Supply and Cost. As process owner the role will involve collaborating with a number of functional groups delivering projects in the value stream such as NPI and Manufacturing Engineering as well as with suppliers and other sister sites running similar processes.
- Support attainment of key business metrics through the provision of engineering support for value stream processes.
- Elimination of safety and quality risks in the process through the delivery of robust engineering solutions.
- Manage costs through the delivery of scrap, reprocessing and consumable projects.
- Design & develop tools, fixtures, gauges and special equipment for manufacturing operations in conjunction with Toolroom Technicians and outside vendors.
- Develop stable and capable manufacturing processes through a structured process development approach.
- Preparation of all relevant manufacturing packaging specifications.
- Actively promote a safety culture.
- Manage contractors / vendors working on site to ensure full compliance with site safety requirements.
- Ensure production equipment meets all relevant national and J&J Health, Safety and Environment requirements through completion of required assessments and documentation
- Competent in validation requirements for new consumables / materials and process changes.
- Updates and maintenance of manufacturing specifications for process steps.
- Ensure timely closure of quality actions such as Audit Actions, NCR’s, CAPA’s.
- Ensure all process development, validation, etc. is managed in accordance with the Quality management system.
- Support day to day operations through attendance at pulse walks and the timely closure of actions.
- Root Cause Analysis and implementation of robust solutions to supply and quality issues as they arise through tools such as A3 and Six Sigma.
- Project Management - provide timely and accurate reporting on project activities ensuring projects are delivered to agreed timelines.
- Manage the consumables budget for the assigned value stream identifying opportunities for cost reduction and managing the delivery of savings.
- Lead scrap reduction within the value stream through a structured approach to data capture, analysis and problem solving.
- Identify and lead cost and technical improvements under the department’s continuous improvement program.
- Provide process input into the value stream mapping process which is used to develop the business plan for the value stream.
- Determine equipment layouts for manufacturing cells using Lean Manufacturing tool as identified.
- Actively interfacing with cross-functional team members, always practicing good team work in support of day to day operating requirements.
- Demonstrate strong leadership and a clear identifiable work ethos within the Engineering team.
- Develop and maintain a Credo & Behavioral Standards based culture within the Engineering group.
- Work with Team Lead and/or Manager to develop and implement strategic engineering Goals & Objectives.
- Support the implementation of all engineering and plant strategic initiatives.
- A minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent in a relevant Engineering / Science discipline is required.
- Must have at least five (5) years of relevant experience.
- Experience in CNC manufacturing and CAD/CAM generation is essential.
- Experience working in a regulated industry, FDA, ISO is preferred.
- Experience within the Medical Device environment is preferred.
- Must have experience in validation of equipment and implementation of automated processing solutions.
- Experience with trouble-shooting, running, design, installation and validation of clean and pack equipment in a regulated environment is highly preferred.
- Experience with PLC Programming is preferred.
- Certification in Six Sigma, Statistical Engineering, Lean Six Sigma is preferred.
- Experience in automated process control and systems, including Allen Brady, Siemens or equivalent is preferred.
- Must be knowledgeable in Microsoft Office software applications such as Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook.
- Must have experience working with cross-function teams.
- Demonstrated ability to lead significant projects to completion, on time and within budget.
- Demonstrated leadership skills and the ability to make effective decisions.
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple assignments or projects with sound analytical, troubleshooting, and problem solving skills.
- Demonstrated Continuous Process Improvement mindset.
- Demonstrated ability for Excellent communication skills (written and oral).
DePuySynthes Products Inc (6149)