Johnson & Johnson Careers
Manager, Social Innovation for Global Community Impact (Part Time)
New Brunswick, New Jersey
Requisition ID: 0502180822
Johnson & Johnson Global Community Impact group is currently recruiting for a Manager, Social Innovation to be based out of New Brunswick, NJ. This is a Part-time casual position (averaging 19.5 hours weekly). This position will require 25-30% travel and the nature of the work will require a schedule that allows for flexibility.
Caring for the world, one person at a time has inspired and united the people of Johnson & Johnson for over 125 years. We embrace research and science -- bringing innovative ideas, products and services to advance the health and well-being of people. Employees of the Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies work with partners in health care to touch the lives of over a billion people every day, throughout the world.
With $76.5 billion in 2017 sales, Johnson & Johnson is the world's most comprehensive and broadly-based manufacturer of health care products, as well as a provider of related services, for the consumer, pharmaceutical, and medical devices markets. There are more than 265 Johnson & Johnson operating companies employing approximately 126,500 people and with products touching the lives of over a billion people every day, throughout the world. If you have the talent and desire to touch the world, Johnson & Johnson has the career opportunities to help make it happen.
Thriving on a diverse company culture, celebrating the uniqueness of our employees and committed to inclusion. Proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
The Global Community Impact’s Social Innovation team exists to create conditions for innovation to thrive, to look for new solutions to seemingly intractable problems in unlikely places, to deploy risk capital and learn from our mistakes, and to harness the unprecedented possibilities created by technology.
A key part of our work is to identify and support promising early-stage innovation, particularly driven by people at the frontlines, for the frontlines. Global Community Impact is looking for a part-time casual Manager to work closely with the Health Technology lead, with responsibility for stewarding our pioneer grants and seed investments and engaging the visionary individuals behind these new ideas.
• Develop and execute the Social Innovation team’s strategy around new ventures (pioneer grants and seed investments)
• Experiment with new ways to identify breakthrough ideas (e.g. Innovation Competitions like the GenH Challenge), in partnership with regional teams
• Provide day-to-day management of a portfolio of new ventures, including:
o Funding support
o Non-monetary support e.g. capacity building programs
o Cross-program learning
o Monitoring and evaluation
• Work with Employee Engagement and Insights teams to engage J&J mentors and harness relevant J&J advocacy platforms
• Propose and develop in-person (e.g. salons, lunch & learns) and digital conversations to engage new actors to encourage innovation at the frontlines
• Work with the Global Director, Social Innovation to facilitate internal alignment meetings and liaise individually with internal stakeholders across Corporate Affairs and J&J Businesses as needed
• Travel for this position will consist of 25-30% and will include both international and domestic locations for meetings/events. Because this is a part-time casual role (averaging a total of 19.5 hours a week) flexibility is needed as some weeks may require more hours to account for responsibilities, with other weeks requiring less hours.
• A Bachelor’s degree required
• A Master’s Degree is preferred
• A minimum of 5 years of business experience is required.
• An educational focus in communications, public affairs or social innovation is valuable and highly preferred.
• A solid knowledge of global health and development stakeholders and social enterprise/innovation stakeholders is required.
• Excellent, demonstrated project management experience is required.
• Prior experience providing front-line support (such as serving in a community engagement, care-giving, non-profit, championing role) is highly preferred.
• Demonstrated ability to craft compelling stories, with superior written, oral and visual communication abilities for both internal and external communications is preferred.
• Experience working in a collaborative matrix environment is required.
• Ability to work in a cross-cultural environment with global colleagues is required.
• Ability to partner with internal & external agencies/vendors is required.
• Demonstrated ability to think strategically is required.
• Demonstrated ability to manage complexity and multiple priorities is required.
• Technically savvy with digital and social platforms is valuable
• A deep business acumen and understanding of J&J enterprise and GCI strategy, stakeholders, and crossover points is preferred
• Availability to average 19.5 hours weekly – some weeks may require more hours/and other weeks less hours due to the nature of the work.
• The ability to travel 25-30% of the time for both international and domestic meetings/events is required.
United States-New Jersey-New Brunswick
Johnson & Johnson (6067)