Johnson & Johnson Careers
Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
Senior Counsel, Supply Chain & Procurement
New Brunswick, New Jersey
Requisition ID: 0496180122
The Johnson & Johnson Law Department seeks a Senior Counsel to join the Supply Chain and Procurement legal team (“SC&P”), and provide legal support to various groups in Johnson & Johnson’s Supply Chain, Procurement and Global Services, Supplier Contracting Services organizations.
Caring for the world, one person at a time has inspired and united the people of Johnson & Johnson for over 125 years. We embrace research and science -- bringing innovative ideas, products and services to advance the health and well-being of people. Employees of the Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies work with partners in health care to touch the lives of over a billion people every day, throughout the world.
With $71.9 billion in 2016 sales, Johnson & Johnson is the world's most comprehensive and broadly-based manufacturer of health care products, as well as a provider of related services, for the consumer, pharmaceutical, and medical devices markets. There are more than 265 Johnson & Johnson operating companies employing approximately 126,500 people and with products touching the lives of over a billion people every day, throughout the world. If you have the talent and desire to touch the world, Johnson & Johnson has the career opportunities to help make it happen.
Thriving on a diverse company culture, celebrating the uniqueness of our employees and committed to inclusion. Proud to be an equal opportunity employer
The SC&P Legal Team is responsible for providing legal support for Cross Sector Supply Chain activities across the Plan-Source-Make-Deliver continuum, including activities related to external manufacturing, Customer Logistics Services and Supply Chain Strategy and Deployment. The SC&P Legal Team also supports our Global Procurement organization, which is responsible for developing and executing Enterprise spend strategies covering such diverse categories as R&D, Supply Chain Materials, Logistics, Business Services (including Corporate Services, HR Services, IT (including Application Development, Software and Infrastructure), Travel and Fleet), Marketing, and Capital, Construction & Facilities.
SC&P’s support of the Global Procurement Organization also includes support for Global Services’ Supplier Contracting Services organization (“SCS”), which was created as part of our Enterprise Standards and Productivity (“ES&P”) program. SCS will bring greater consistency and efficiency to Johnson & Johnson’s Procurement contracting process across all Procurement categories in all regions, and the SC&P Legal Team is working with SCS to standardize and harmonize the Procurement contracting experience around the world by assisting in the creation of new technologies, processes, and templates, as well as new training and escalation procedures.
While this position will primarily support SCS and Procurement, the successful candidate will also collaborate with Law Department colleagues and business partners on other transactions and support as circumstances warrant, including quality, regulatory and sustainability issues relevant to Supply Chain and Procurement. Other responsibilities may include supporting supply chain, supply agreements related to acquisitions and divestitures and other transactional matters as needed.
As the Senior Counsel – Supply Chain & Procurement, you will:
• Manage, mentor and be responsible for the work and development of 5 Senior Contract Managers who report directly to this role and who support hundreds of procurement transactions for Supplier Contracting Services. Management responsibilities include training, goal setting, performance feedback and hiring, working to empower them to act independently and autonomously as much as possible, and recruiting and onboarding new team members as needed.
• Support agreements/issues that are escalated from Senior Contract Managers and collaborate with other attorneys, business partners and subject matter experts as appropriate to ensure compliance with applicable Johnson & Johnson policies and procedures.
• Work closely with relevant businesses partners to understand their needs and advise on issues from a legal or contracting perspective.
• Collaborate with SCS management to improve the contracting process, which may include developing and delivering training, harmonizing and rationalizing templates, building a playbook, identifying and adopting best practices and supporting process improvement initiatives in a continued effort to streamline contract related processes to improve timeliness, accuracy and quality in support of an increasing client base, and working with third party service providers who provide contracting services.
• Directly support, draft and negotiate various agreements for Johnson & Johnson affiliates related to Supply Chain and/or Procurement, such as agreements related to Worldwide Transportation and Warehousing.
• Support the Supplier Contracting Services organization in handling certain routine transactions, while personally handling more complex and strategic agreements based on United States law, and coordinate similar activities outside the United States in collaboration with other Johnson & Johnson attorneys.
• Be a resource to Law Department colleagues and business partners in other regions in connection with Supply Chain and Procurement transactions.
• A Juris Doctor Degree and admission to the bar in good standing in at least one U.S. jurisdiction is required.
• A minimum of eight (8) years of experience drafting and negotiating complex contracts is a requirement.
• People management experience is preferred.
• Relevant law firm experience is strongly preferred.
• Some in-house counsel experience is preferred.
• Strong communication and leadership skills are required.
• Ability to collaborate with business partners and other Johnson & Johnson attorneys is required.
• Must be able to travel up to 15% of the time, mainly to domestic destinations.
United States-New Jersey-New Brunswick
Johnson & Johnson (6067)