Johnson & Johnson Careers
Senior Director, Talent Attraction
New Brunswick, New Jersey
Requisition ID: 0490180823
Johnson & Johnson is currently recruiting for Senior Director, Talent Attraction within the Global Talent Management team located in New Brunswick, NJ.
Caring for the world, one person at a time has inspired and united the people of Johnson & Johnson for over 125 years. We embrace research and science -- bringing innovative ideas, products and services to advance the health and well-being of people.
With $76.5 billion in 2017 sales, Johnson & Johnson is the world's most comprehensive and broadly-based manufacturer of health care products, as well as a provider of related services, for the consumer, pharmaceutical, and medical devices markets. There are more than 265 Johnson & Johnson operating companies employing approximately 126,500 people and with products touching the lives of over a billion people every day, throughout the world. If you have the talent and desire to touch the world, Johnson & Johnson has the career opportunities to help make it happen.
Thriving on a diverse company culture, celebrating the uniqueness of our employees and committed to inclusion. Proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
In this role you will be responsible for the development and implementation of a truly differentiated global talent attraction strategy for Johnson & Johnson across all regions, functions and experience levels. Their main focus is to establish an effective pipeline of approximately one million highly qualified candidates to fill ~25,000 positions annually.
The Senior Director, Talent Attraction will lead a team of talent sourcing, talent engagement and early talent experts and will be responsible to guide the execution of J&J’s strategic big bets in the talent attraction space in order to attract the world’s best and most diverse talent. They will develop and share strategic insights to positively influence the way the J&J Shared Services team delivers talent to our global organization.
- Define comprehensive and sustainable Talent Attraction strategy(s) that support the long term enterprise Talent Management strategy, Strategic Workforce Planning and business goals of the Company.
- Develop an assessment strategy for talent attraction needs and determine future capability requirements aligned with Workforce Planning, BU/Regional / Country requirements.
- Define talent attraction priorities and develop the strategy roadmap.
- Develop Talent attraction policies, programs and objectives; ensure they are reviewed and amended as needed, based on external changes (legislation, laws) and/or internal processes and practices.
- Provide direction, requirements and governance oversight to Global Services, Human Resources with respect to the execution of Talent attraction initiatives, programs and processes.
- Provide leadership and guidance on defined strategies, policies and programs to GTM peers as well as senior leadership.
- Partner with HR leadership and other key internal stakeholders to inform strategies, consider and integrate feedback, and build action plans; collaborate with Legal and other stakeholders as needed for guidance to ensure compliance with local laws, regulations and contractual obligations.
- Work collaboratively with global Talent Management peers to ensure global consistency and early identification of key issues.
- Partner with ProGo & HR function Communication team for validation and integration in HR overall communications plan.
- Serve as a global Talent attraction subject matter expert, developing suitable strategies and proactively monitoring and leveraging industry leading practices and building external relationships.
- Partner with the other global HR Functional and Regional HR Leads to ensure coordination of strategies, plans, and tactics that impact Talent Management areas.
- Partner with GPO to make key decisions related to processes, including target setting and financial management with a focus on balancing reducing process costs, increasing efficiency, and maximizing investment returns.
- Build and maintain relationships at all levels throughout CS, BU and Global Services, HR
- Through global team leadership, ensure that Talent attraction programs and policies at the regional / local level are aligned with global frameworks.
- Serve as the Talent attraction policy approver and owner; oversee global Talent attraction policies and programs rationalization, escalations and exceptions.
- Provide guidance and sign-off for deployment at regional and local level of global programs and policies.
- Use data and analytics to make decisions on talent attraction practices, ensuring competitive posture of programs and policies, as well as consistency across the Company.
- Ensure that comprehensive processes are in place to measure the effectiveness of Talent attraction strategy and programs.
- Understand customer requirements and define the Key Performance Indicators that are critical for quality of tracking and evaluation of talent attraction programs.
- Utilize benchmarking and industry trend analysis to help identify any Talent attraction issues, such as regulatory changes, determining solutions and documenting agreements for communication to all stakeholders.
- Perform all people-management responsibilities and provide coaching, feedback, and, where appropriate, discipline to and through supporting team members.
- Embrace and leads a culture of inclusiveness and multi-cultural engagement through coaching and feedback to peers and the broader community in Talent Management in alignment with the Company's Leadership Imperatives.
- Responsible for developing a strong pipeline of global, diverse leaders within Talent Management and across the HR Function. Enable a Credo-based & High-Performance Culture within Talent Management teams.
- Accountable for the Talent attraction budget, allocating and forecasting Talent attraction programs and initiatives expenditures influencing how resources are allocated to execute respective programs and initiatives.
- Operate as advocate for the Talent attraction, resolving issues or advancing to leadership as appropriate
- A minimum of a Bachelors Degree is required. A Masters of Human Resources, MBA in HR or other related concentration, OD, Org, Psych, or related discipline is preferred
- 12+ years managerial experience
- 5+ years of talent acquisition experience
- Proven ability to think strategically and to translate strategic directives into tactical initiatives
- Exposure to cross functional business processes and ability to work successfully in a matrixed environment
- Demonstrable ability to influence course of action when others are directly accountable for outcome
- Excellent executive presentation skills, able to communicate complex ideas clearly and concisely, and able to respectfully question and/or challenge others to think through problems, improvement opportunities, solutions, and plans
- Enthusiastic team player with a strong drive to create a positive work environment
- Strong leadership skills; operates as a global leader with understanding and appreciation for regional differences.
- Relationship management, coaching, collaboration, negotiation and consultative skills.
- Analytical and strategic thinker
Do you strive to join an outstanding team that is dynamic and ever-changing? Is career growth and opportunity appealing to you? Apply to this opportunity today.
Johnson & Johnson is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability
United States-New Jersey-New Brunswick
Johnson & Johnson (6067)