Johnson & Johnson Careers
SCIENTIFIC COMMUNICATIONS DIRECTOR
Requisition ID: 0477190724
At the Janssen Pharmaceutical Companies of Johnson & Johnson, we are working to create a world without disease. Transforming lives by finding new and better ways to prevent, intercept, treat and cure disease inspires us. We bring together the best minds and pursue the most promising science.
We are Janssen. We collaborate with the world for the health of everyone in it. Learn more at www.janssen.com and follow us @JanssenGlobal. Janssen Scientific Affairs, LLC is part of the Janssen Pharmaceutical Companies.
The Scientific Communications Director in the US Medical Affairs (USMA) Oncology Department will provide strategic and technical leadership in planning and driving the timely publication of data (i.e., manuscripts, abstracts, posters, and presentations). S/he will lead cross-functional teams to discuss the timely and appropriate dissemination of the published data by external customer facing teams e.g., Medical Information, Medical Science Liaisons (MSLs), and Value & Evidence (“V&E”- may be referred to as HECOR in other companies). The Scientific Communications Director will work collaboratively with Medical Directors, Integrated Evidence Team Leaders (IETLs), Global Medical Affairs (GMA), V&E, and alliance partners to develop robust publication and communication plans.
The Scientific Communications Director will:
- Act as the point person for the development and execution of the integrated (USMA and V&E) strategic publication plans
- Lead and facilitate cross-functional publication planning and scientific communications meetings
- Represent USMA at the Global Publication Team meetings to ensure alignment of the publication plan with US treatment guidelines and needs
- Provide strategic leadership and USMA review oversight to V&E publication plans
- Drive internal review of Investigator Initiated Studies (IIS) publications
- Develop and maintain effective working relationships with internal (biostats, GMA, R&D, medical directors) partners/authors and external (key opinion leaders, principal investigators) authors
- Partner with cross-functional teams to identify high priority JBI and competitor congress abstracts/posters/presentations and drive USMA congress strategy
- Facilitate discussions regarding dissemination of published data especially proactive communication of data (consistent with label); maintain a current scientific communications plan
- Drive strategic medical education plan and collaborate with internal stakeholders to review educational grant proposals
- Ensure compliance with internal J&J SOPs, external publication guidelines, and medical education guidelines
- Manage internal writers, medical communications scientists, and vendors
- Plan, track, and manage budget associated with medical education grants and scientific publications
- A minimum of a MD/DO/PhD/PharmD or master’s degree with relevant experience
- Oncology Communications Experience Preferred
- 7-10 years of experience in scientific/medical communications in the pharmaceutical industry
- 3-5 years of experience in people and vendor management
- Knowledge of the Oncology therapeutic area highly preferred
- Knowledge of GPP3 and ICMJE guidelines required
- The candidate must be a highly motivated, organized, self-starter with a demonstrated track record of achievements
- Demonstrated presentation skills, business acumen, strategic thinking, ability to work effectively in a matrix environment and lead cross-functional teams
- This position will be in Horsham, PA and will require up to 20% domestic and international travel
Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies are equal opportunity employers, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Janssen Scientific Affairs, LLC (6120)