Johnson & Johnson Careers
IT Data Technology Manager, Product Line Owner
Raritan, New Jersey
Requisition ID: 0476180822
Janssen Research & Development LLC, a Johnson & Johnson company, is recruiting for IT Data Technology Manager, Product Line Owner, located in Raritan, NJ.
At the Janssen Pharmaceutical Companies of Johnson & Johnson, what matters most is helping people live full and healthy lives. We focus on treating, curing and preventing some of the most devastating and complex diseases of our time. And we pursue the most promising science, wherever it might be found.
Janssen Research & Development, L.L.C. develops treatments that improve the health and lifestyles of people worldwide. Research and development areas encompass novel targets in neurologic disorders, gastroenterology, oncology, infectious disease, diabetes, hematology, metabolic disorders, immunologic disorders, and reproductive medicine. We have produced and marketed many first-in-class prescription medications and are poised to serve the broad needs of the healthcare market – from patients to practitioners, from clinics to hospitals. For more about Janssen Pharmaceuticals, Inc., one of the Pharmaceutical Companies of Johnson & Johnson, visit www.janssenpharmaceuticalsinc.com
The IT Data Technology Manager, Product Line Owner will be responsible for combining consulting, modern Information Technology (IT) expertise, and R&D knowledge to transform the way IT is applied in Data Management. This role is accountable for transformational technology initiatives that will enable overall R&D mission and Strategic Imperatives which is going to lead us to our future by accelerating growth of data sciences to solve problem. As a strategic partner, the IT Data Technology Manager will influence future technology evolution to support Data Ingestion, Cataloguing, Preparation & Consumption which includes extensive Artificial Intelligence and Data Science based automation. The ideal candidate will be intricately involved in running analytical experiments in a methodical manner and will regularly evaluate alternate models via theoretical approaches. This is the perfect opportunity for the successful candidate to become a part of an innovative and energetic team that develops machine learning tools which will have a transformative impact on Janssen R&D.
In addition, to ensure continuous improvement advances, s/he will build internal and external partnerships for technology evolution, accounting for potential format, volume and regulatory changes arising with digital health, data sciences, and genomic influences in the healthcare ecosystem. This role is the accountable strategic R&D partner who manages the relationship through ongoing consultation with the business technology leaders, and s/he also owns the full outcome of the technology services provided to these business partners. This role will lead Data transformation implementation to be part of a fast-paced, innovative, and highly visible teams, helping R&D business in assessing advanced technologies and automation to help manage data. The role will device technology strategies to incorporate Automation, Big Data, Machine Learning, and Artificial Intelligence to accelerate achievement of Janssen R&D objectives.
Additional specific responsibilities include:
• Sets a clear vision for the product and is responsible for multi-generation product strategy; Maximizes ROI by identifying and prioritizing the product features by business value.
• Overall accountability for Application Life Cycle Management: Development of application code, Coordinate application testing, documentation activities; Review and approve changes to the applications they are responsible for; Closely work with Enterprise architect team to implement application roadmap. Develops acceptance criteria & Understands development estimates and how levels of effort impact the priority of requirements.
• Business/Technology Application Ownership (‘TAO’ role in CMDB): Maintain solid business understanding of entire application landscape, and be the DRI for all business and technical aspects of the application.
• CMDB management: Complete / correct inventory of applications available for architecture analysis and project planning; enable accurate and timely service management; support SACM CMDB Data Quality efforts.
• Program oversight: Tracks progress of product development in the context of the larger program (scrum master owns day to day burn down charts; Reports back to the business on status on the delivery of features, functionality, and applications; Closely work with Application Service to report the performance of applications belonging to the product line.
• Has a combination of global and regional accountability depending on product line scope.
• Partner with business owner to ensure the SLA is met.
• Has industry, business process and business strategy knowledge, operations knowledge, domain expertise, experience working across multiple levels of business stakeholders.
• “Technology specialist” who spans multiple data technology solutions implementations. Evaluate key technology trends and its impact on various business processes. Identify opportunities for areas where technology provides competitive differentiation. Investigate, identify and prototype emerging technologies.
• Oversees internal and external collaborations. Build strong relationships with Technology Services. Ensure effective communication between teams, internal/external customers, vendors and partners.
• Engage vendors perform third party product evaluations and recommendations for solving unmet business needs.
• Pharma Industry and domain expertise, technical knowledge of data science platforms and software technology, knowledge of business process and business strategy, experience working across multiple levels of an organization, leadership skills, creating context around key business drivers and strategic plan.
• Deep knowledge in implementing cutting edge data science and machine learning technologies and prior leadership in information and technology support in data domain.
• A strategic thinker with deep technical knowledge and excellent communication and leadership skills, used to influence decision making with business leader.
• A business strategist, pragmatic as needed but capable of innovative thinking relative to new and emerging technologies and analytics, and capable of applying innovative capabilities where appropriate
• An IT pragmatist, who knows when to leverage infrastructure to deliver upon traditional needs as well as unlock opportunities for innovation from technology
• A flexible leader that thrives in a rapidly changing technology and business environment while scaling for excellence and global expansion
• An authentic leader committed to diversity and the practices that create a passionate, energetic and rewarding work environment, with the ability to inspire a diverse, multi-generational workforce and that recognizes and rewards collaboration, performance and inclusion
• Strong understanding of technology trends and the potential impact on the J&J system portfolio
• Strong understanding of the business and its operating environment (e.g., trends, competitors, compliance landscape, and regulatory environment).
• Minimum of a Master's degree in Information Technology and/or other quantitative field is required.
• Strong verbal and written communication skills required.
• Minimum of 8 years of Data Science/ Machine Learning development work experience is required.
• Solid understanding and experience in advanced technologies (Automation, Artificial Intelligence, Machine Learning, Big Data, etc.) is required.
• Strong programming experience in Core Technologies (Python, C++, Java), Machine Learning, Deep Learning, Data Wrangling, Data Visualization is required.
• Deep exposure to Statistics, Multivariable Calculus, Linear Algebra and Data Intuition is required.
• Good exposure to next generation data technologies (i.e. TAMR, Trifacata, Streamsets, Collibra, Waterline, Cloudera etc.) preferred.
• Ability to define, shape, and drive projects to completion while effectively collaborating strategically with others with little supervision required. Proven ability to influence others required.
• Strong leadership, analytical and problem-solving skills required. Good planning, organizational and decision-making skills required.
• Strong track record of technology leadership, experience in planning and managing large and complex projects and matrix teams is preferred.
• Ability to solve complex business problems and present recommendations to senior management (VP & above) is required.
• A track record in program/project delivery to deliver project results is also required.
• Ability to strongly influence the future direction of business solutions based on technology vision- bringing external benchmarks and inputting into decision making to keep the solution current/leading edge, thus contributing to the competitive value of J&J is preferred.
• The ability to operate effectively with partner I/T organizations as well as with third-party I/T vendors is required.
• Proven ability managing matrixed, consultant, and internal and external technical personnel in a fast-paced, complex, global project environment is required.
• The ability to influence without direct authority is required.
• Skilled in building strong cross-functional partnerships is required.
• Experience with leading multi-company teams and global efforts are preferred.
• Demonstrated ability for a rapid understanding of business processes, and their technology implications is required.
• Demonstrated ability to understand and articulate business requirements, direction, and initiatives from an enterprise-level perspective is required. Demonstrated ability to explain complex technology topics in easy-to-understand terms is required.
• Demonstrated understanding and experience managing financial processes and results related to projects, departmental budgets, and enterprise is required.
• Outstanding oral and written communication skills are required.
• A thorough understanding of: 1) methodologies for system design, development, and implementation; 2) all phases of the Project Implementation life cycle; 3) validation and regulatory requirements is required.
• Experience in the use of Agile methodology, process engineering and prototyping tools is preferred.
• Up to 20% domestic and/or international travel required.
United States-New Jersey-Raritan
Janssen Research & Development, LLC. (6084)