Johnson & Johnson Careers
Package Development Engineer
Requisition ID: 0466190725
NeoStrata a member of Johnson & Johnson's Family of Companies, is recruiting for a Packaging Development Engineer based out of Skillman, NJ.
NeoStrata Company, Inc., is a global leader in Specialty Beauty with professionally-endorsed brands including NeoStrata®, Exuviance® and CoverBlend®. We develop and market innovative antiaging skincare solutions that incorporate our company’s proprietary ingredient technologies including the breakthrough bionic acids, Aminofil, and NeoGlucosamine.
This Package Development Engineer will be responsible for: Leading development of new packages for NeoStrata and Exuviance Brands. The individual will be responsible for creating all required specifications, documentation, package line trials and package testing to support product release. The individual will be required to work independently with moderate supervision. They will also be expected to take a leadership role with packaging projects and possess the ability to influence and collaborate with cross-functional teams in a fast-paced environment. The engineer must keep current with packaging technologies and trends and look to apply that knowledge to new and existing projects.
This role requires the individual to closely interact with the other cross-functional groups including: Research & Development, Marketing, Project Management, Design, Operations and Regulatory Affairs. This role will require creative problem-solving abilities, sound technical background, and a real passion for developing consumer products for global consumers. The position will primarily support New Product Innovation/Development.
Supports the Operations department in various tasks associated with sourcing, procurement, and inventory management including:
- Finished good product support
- Continuous improvement activities
- Consumer complaint support
- Assists with cost saving initiatives
- Partner with multi-functional team to understand and develop packaging while challenging team and self to deliver creative, package designs and solutions.
- Responsible for all technical aspects of packaging from product concept to commercialization.
- Solid understanding of supplier manufacturing processes: molding, decorating, printing, and color matching. Works directly with outside suppliers for package design development, evaluation, and testing. Travel to vendor and manufacturing facilities for support of packaging project activities.
- Assists in innovation workshops with suppliers.
- Hands-on evaluation of packaging components for conformance to project requirements. These activities can occur in warehouses and in packaging laboratories.
- Designs and/or coordinates package trials and component testing for the qualification and validation of new or revised package materials and components. Prepares Packaging Validation protocols and conducts validation at third party manufactured facilities.
- Demonstrates ability to analyze data, identify root causes, draw conclusions and generate reports.
- Responsible for requesting die lines for all packaging and evaluating artwork for accuracy.
- Create and maintain component specifications for primary, secondary and tertiary packaging. Create and maintain bills of materials and fill and assembly specs for manufacturing.
- Contributes to the development of SOP’s as they relate to the Package Engineering job function.
Supervisory Responsibility of Packaging Co-Op (subject to change based on organizational design)
- BS degree in Packaging, Engineering or a related Science discipline is required;
- 2 years minimum experience in Cosmetic/Personal Care or related industry is required;
- Experience in new product package launches and/or new package concept launches;
- Supply Chain Management, Quality Assurance and Manufacturing experience a plus;
- Solid understanding of a broad spectrum of packaging materials, structures, components, and related conversion processes is required;
- Experience in package line trials and package testing is preferred;
- Ability to lead multiple rapidly changing priorities with minimal supervision;
- Strong technical writing/documentation skills are preferred;
- This position may require up to 20% of domestic travel;
- Candidates must have permanent work authorization in the United States.
- Excellent interpersonal, networking and communication skills at all levels.
- Self-Starter with strong organizational and project management skills.
- Demonstrated ability to work under pressure and meet deadline.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite.
Johnson & Johnson is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
United States-New Jersey-Princeton-
NeoStrata Company, Inc (6231)