Johnson & Johnson Careers
IT Lead, Business Analyst – Portfolio Management (PMO)
Requisition ID: 0458180829
Janssen Research & Development, L.L.C is currently recruiting for an IT Lead, Business Analyst – Portfolio Management (PMO). The position can be located in Titusville, NJ, Springhouse, PA, Raritan, NJ or Malvern, PA. Local travel to NJ/PA sites will be required. Additional travel up to 15% may be required.-
Caring for the world, one person at a time has inspired and united the people of Johnson & Johnson for over 125 years. We embrace research and science -- bringing innovative ideas, products and services to advance the health and well-being of people. Employees of the Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies work with partners in health care to touch the lives of over a billion people every day, throughout the world.
Thriving on a diverse company culture, celebrating the uniqueness of our employees and committed to inclusion. Proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
At Johnson & Johnson, what matters most is helping people live full and healthy lives. We develop treatments, medical devices, and consumer products that improve the health and lifestyles of people worldwide. Our pharmaceutical research and development areas encompass novel targets in neurologic disorders, gastroenterology, oncology, infectious disease, diabetes, hematology, metabolic disorders, immunologic disorders, and reproductive medicine. Our medical devices teams serve healthcare professionals in fields like orthopedics, neurology, cardiology, minimally invasive surgery, wound management, women’s health, vision care, and diabetes. Our Consumer companies make many of the world’s most beloved healthcare brands. Many of our brands hold #1 or #2 positions in their categories. All of our consumer brands offer innovative healthcare solutions that help people live healthy, vibrant lives. For more about Johnson & Johnson, visit www.jnj.com
Leveraging the talent and product expertise across the J&J companies, we are establishing enterprise teams for Clinical Operations and Regulatory Operations to enhance our ability to deliver cross-sector patient and consumer solutions through best-in-class processes that reduce complexity and bring products to markets faster. This role is a key position in the enterprise effort.
The BA / PM role represents expertise in the organization in the discipline of project, program and portfolio management in supporting both the Janssen R&D Portfolio Management Office and Finance functions. Roles in this sub-function are accountable for achieving project objectives, ensuring effective integration of new systems and technologies, meeting time and budget constraints, directing all project resources and helping the business partners realize the desired business outcomes and related value.
- Provides advanced expertise in their area of responsibility through technical leadership and business partnership
- Manages moderate size projects lasting up to one year (generally not more than 2 or 3 at a time)
- Acts as a key resource on other larger projects and serves as a consultant with internal / external cross-functional team members
- Leads release prioritization of requirements with technical & business product owners
- Works effectively as part of a team. Independently troubleshoots more complex problems and suggests effective solutions
- Selects tools and methodologies for projects, while adhering to compliance and company guidelines
- Leads the assessment of the technical and economic feasibility of proposed solutions and provides appropriate recommendations based on industry trends, internal benchmarking and vendor relationships
- Balances between IT standards and strategies and business need to guide well-informed decisions
- Applies compliance requirements within scope of responsibility, provides documentation as necessary and participates in compliance activities as required
Candidate should have knowledge in the following areas:
- Expertise in project management methodologies, tools and techniques
- Strong business acumen of the Life Sciences and Pharmaceutical Industry
- Good working knowledge of all IT functions and services enabling Financial and Portfolio management systems
- Solid understanding of project and program management considerations (i.e. architectural, compliance, change, release, risk, etc), and ability to factor them into decisions and recommendations
- Strong understanding of system design, development and implementation methodologies plus all phases of the software development life cycle (SDLC)
- Understanding of business impact of different solutions and the ability to assess the tradeoffs between business needs and technical feasibility
- A minimum of a Bachelor’s degree is required; IT related field is preferred
- A minimum of 5 years of relevant work experience in a global setting is required
- Business analysis experience in support of SDLC processes is required
- Strong project management experience is required
- Familiarity with project / portfolio management platforms such as Planisware or similar platform is required
- Planisware experience is preferred
- Robust collaboration, communications and business partnership skills, are required
- Proven ability to apply technology solutions in addressing complex, global business issues is required
- Experience developing software solutions is preferred
- Experience with the Agile methodology for software development is preferred
- Java and Java script knowledge is a plus
- Understanding of Pharmaceutical Research & Development (R&D) processes the phases of drug development are a plus
- This position requires local travel to NJ/PA sites 2-3 times a month, in addition to 15% domestic/International Travel.
United States-New Jersey-Titusville
North America-United States-New Jersey-Raritan, North America-United States-Pennsylvania-Malvern, North America-United States-Pennsylvania-Spring House
Janssen Research & Development, LLC. (6084)