Johnson & Johnson Careers
Requisition ID: 0457180502
Sightbox is recruiting for a UI/UX Designer to join us in our Portland, OR Office.
Sightbox is a new way for contact lens wearers to experience vision care. We are passionate about educating people about the importance of eye care - and in doing so are preserving the doctor-patient relationship. Sightbox joined Johnson & Johnson Vision in 2017 and offers a diverse company culture, celebrating the uniqueness of our employees and commitment to inclusion. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
We are looking for a UI/UX Designer to build and optimize our digital experience. As the UI/UX Designer your responsibilities will include gathering user requirements, designing graphic elements and building navigation components for mobile and web products. To be successful in this role, you should have experience with design software and wireframe tools and a portfolio of professional design projects for products that successfully shipped.
- Working closely with our customer insights team to build feature testing into the design process
- Designing graphical user interface elements, like menus, tabs and widgets for both mobile and desktop
- Illustrating design ideas using storyboards, process flows and sitemaps
- Incorporating psychology, choice architecture, and behavioral economics into design thinking
- Gather and evaluate user requirements in collaboration with a cross-functional team
- Build page navigation buttons and search fields
- Develop UI mockups and prototypes that clearly illustrate how sites function and look like
- Create original graphic designs (e.g. images, sketches and tables)
- Prepare and present rough drafts to internal teams and key stakeholders
- Identify and troubleshoot UX problems (e.g. responsiveness)
- Deliver artwork in a format that can easily be consumed and embedded by our engineering team for the various layouts and screen sizes
- Conduct layout adjustments based on user feedback
- Adhere to style standards on fonts, colors and images
- Make data-driven decisions
- A Bachelor’s Degree is required
- 6 years of work experience is required
- Proven work experience as a UI/UX Designer or similar role
- Portfolio of design projects for products that successfully shipped
- Strong command of wireframe tools
- Expert-level knowledge of chosen design software (i.e. Sketch, Adobe Illustrator and/or Photoshop)
- Team spirit; strong communication skills to collaborate with various stakeholders
- Good time-management skills
- People feel heard when communicating with you through writing and conversation.
- Ability to direct a conversation toward solution without coming across as brisk or pushy.
- Genuinely curious about people, contact lens wearers, and local businesses operating in the vision industry.
- You are adaptable and can think on your feet. When faced with new challenges, or tough conversations, failure simply isn’t an option.
- Confident communication skills - no fear of the phone.
- Your positive attitude puts people at ease.
- Ability to organize tasks and manage your time within a rapidly changing environment
- Excited to build something great.
What you'll get Working at Sightbox is awesome! We are a startup,
but we’re also a subsidiary of Johnson & Johnson Vision Care so in addition
to world-class standard benefits and a competitive salary, we have perks such
- Macbook Pro, dual monitors, and a standing desk.
- Nitro cold brew and sparkling water on tap.
- Pet insurance.
- Parking/transit pre-tax benefits.
- Generous time off for full-time employees.
- Learning credits.
- Theme days and company outings.
- Newly renovated downtown office digs.
- A fun group of co-workers.
We have a collective success culture: everyone contributes to how we win. Cross-functionally and across the company, we share common goals and work tirelessly for our members. We learn new things every day, support one another and we more than value work-life balance (truly—without balance we will not find sustainable success).
As a team, we’re committed to creating a unique and rewarding eye health experience for contact lens wearers. We all know that our healthcare system is in need of innovation— we’re focused on using technology to address needed change while keeping doctors at the heart of the experience.
Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies are equal opportunity employers, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Johnson & Johnson Vision Care, Inc. (6094)