Johnson & Johnson Careers
Full Stack Software Engineer
Requisition ID: 0455180502
Sightbox is looking for a Full Stack Software Engineer to join us in our Portland, OR office.
Sightbox is a new way for contact lens wearers to experience vision care. We are passionate about educating people about the importance of eye care - and in doing so are preserving the doctor-patient relationship. Sightbox joined Johnson & Johnson Vision in 2017. Thriving on a diverse company culture, celebrating the uniqueness of our employees and committed to inclusion. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
We are looking for a strong full stack developer to join our growing back-end development team. The ideal candidate will work closely with our lead to design and develop highly scalable Node.JS APIs running on the serverless framework on Amazon Web Services (API Gateway + Lambda). These APIs are part of our core backend architecture powering our consumer website, mobile application, and internal CRM services.
What you’ll do:
- Work closely with our team lead to develop high throughput, well documented and tested APIs that interface with our database, data warehouse, image and PDF processing, and automated services such as SMS, email, and fax to name a few.
- Collaborate on best practices for all phases of development, testing, and deployment.
- Research, test, and benchmark new technologies.
- Assist team lead with designing new architecture and establishing best practices across the engineering group as a whole.
- Node.JS, Serverless, Express.JS (or similar)
- AWS API Gateway, Lambda, EC2
- DynamoDB, RDS SQL, Redshift, ElasticSearch
- High School dipolma is required, a bachlor's degree is preferred.
- Minimum of 4 years of work experience is required.
- Extensive experience with RESTful APIs and JSON.
- Understanding of unit and functional testing best practices.
- Strong understanding of SQL and NoSQL databases.
- Experience in Linux OS.
- People feel heard when communicating with you through writing and conversation.
- Ability to direct a conversation toward solution without coming across as brisk or pushy.
- Genuinely curious about people, contact lens wearers, and local businesses operating in the vision industry.
- You are adaptable and can think on your feet. When faced with new challenges, or tough conversations, failure simply isn’t an option.
- Confident communication skills - no fear of the phone.
- Your positive attitude puts people at ease.
- Ability to prioritize tasks and manage your time within a fast-paced environment
- Excited to stick with us for 2-3 years and build something great.
What you'll be a part of at Sightbox is awesome! We are a startup, but we’re also a subsidiary of Johnson & Johnson Vision Care. In addition to world-class standard benefits and a competitive salary, we have perks such as:
- Top of the line Macbook Pro, dual monitors, and a standing desk.
- Nitro cold brew and sparkling water on tap.
- Pet insurance.
- Parking/transit pre-tax benefits.
- Generous time off for full-time employees.
- Learning credits.
- Theme days and company outings.
- Newly renovated downtown office digs.
- A really, really fun group of co-workers.
We have a collective success culture: everyone contributes to how we win. Cross-functionally and across the company, we share common goals and work tirelessly for our members. We learn new things every day, support one another and we more than value work-life balance (truly—without balance we will not find sustainable success).
As a team, we’re committed to creating a unique and rewarding vision health experience for contact lens wearers. We all know that our healthcare system is in need of innovation— we’re focused on using technology to address needed change while keeping doctors at the heart of the experience.
Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies are equal opportunity employers, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Johnson & Johnson Vision Care, Inc. (6094)