Johnson & Johnson Careers
Senior Environmental Health, Safety and Sustainability (EHSS) Specialist
Requisition ID: 0451180502
Johnson & Johnson Vision Care, a member of Johnson & Johnson's Family of Companies is recruiting for a Senior Environmental Health, Safety and Sustainability (EHSS) Specialist to be located in Jacksonville, Florida.
Johnson & Johnson Vision Care, specializes in disposable contact lenses, which it markets under ACUVUE® Brand contact lenses. Ever since ACUVUE® transformed vision correction in 1988 with the world's first soft disposable contact lenses, we've passionately pursued new technologies and the highest quality standards. We're proud that ACUVUE® lenses are worn by more people than any other brand.
This Senior EHSS Specialist will be the Technical expert for EHSS programs that support execution of the J&J EHSS Policy requirements and that drives continuous improvement. Under the direction of the EHSS Sr. Manager, this individual will support all aspects of EHSS programs at the Johnson & Johnson Vision Care site in Jacksonville, FL.
The Senior EHSS Specialist responsibilities include:
- Recognize and asses EHSS hazards and risks.
- Identifies, analyzes and communicates EHSS compliance requirements including securing of EHSS related permits when needed.
- Assesses compliance, identifies and investigates non-compliances and tracks actions to address to closure.
- Uses results of risk assessment to recommend appropriate control strategies.
- Evaluate, plan and implement Environmental, Health, Safety and Sustainability programs.
- Manage projects requiring advanced knowledge of EHSS principles, practices and regulatory requirements from identification of potential risk to analysis of the level of risk to the implementation of appropriate control measures. Document results accordingly and present to appropriate site personnel and management.
- Monitor and evaluate new regulations and corporate requirements to determine impact on operating location.
- Provides focused technical expertise to promote workplace and product safety by identifying and monitoring potential hazards to people or property in areas such as machine safety and electrical safety.
- Reviews and recommends content of health and safety policies and programs.
- Provides content to emergency response plans and participates on emergency response team.
- Implements and provides training on health and safety policies and programs developed for a site to assure that workplace conditions comply with all local government and company requirements.
- Develops and implements an internal audit process for the site.
- Facilitates compliance audits, assists management in conducting risk assessments, and participates on health and safety teams.
- Conducts hazard assessments, determines root causes, and recommends solutions to identified hazards, designs and implements solutions.
- Reviews new regulations from outside agencies and new Johnson and Johnson worldwide environmental health and safety policies and procedures against current site programs and practices for gaps and/or continuous improvement.
- Participates as the lead health and safety representative in external audits and inspections by local government agencies.
- Monitor and evaluate EHSS risks of operations, including change management, ensuring continuous improvement of the EHSS program to make it leaner and more efficient.
- Evaluate, plan and implement EHSS training and awareness programs. Develop and implement training packages for on-line and/or classroom training. Partner with Global Health Services Professionals to ensure coverage and alignment of related programs.
- Support and facilitate site EHSS committees/teams to ensure implementation of the EHSS program.
- Technically assess risks and use advanced knowledge of EHSS principles and practices to develop and implement corrective and preventive actions for all identified EHSS risks.
- Conduct machine guarding risk assessments and develop job safety analysis for automated and manual job functions.
- Perform routine EHSS assessments and utilize the Johnson & Johnson Worldwide EHSS Standards and audits to identify program specific deficiencies and areas of risk. Collaborate with site management to implement corrective measures.
- Support incident investigations for all reported injuries and near misses.
- Develop and establish Operational Procedures to ensure compliance with regulatory and corporate standards.
- Track and report key performance indicators and metrics.
- Coordinate waste management programs to ensure compliance with standards including oversight of waste vendors, signing manifests.
- Assist in coordination and serve as an active member on the site(s) Emergency Response Team(s). Establish training programs and drills.
- A minimum of a Bachelor’s degree is required; preferable in Occupational Safety, Environmental Science or Engineering is required.
- A minimum of 4-6 years of experience in Environmental, Health, Safety and Sustainability (EHSS) is required, experience in an FDA regulated environment preferred.
- Experience is required in identifying, evaluating and controlling EHSS risks in the workplace.
- Knowledge of process safety management (PSM), machine safety, electrical safety and contractor EHSS, including Lock-Out/Tag-Out (LO/TO) programs, required.
- EHSS auditing experience is preferred.
- Industrial Hygiene experience is preferred for this role.
- Environmental management is preferred.
- Technical experience in diverse EHSS areas including but not limited to machine safety, contractor EHSS, electrical safety and chemical handling, and environmental management is highly desirable.
- Demonstrated project management skills are required.
- Report generation and record keeping systems experience is preferred.
- Knowledge of Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA), United States Environmental Protection Agency (USEPA), and Department of Transportation (DOT) regulations is required.
- Knowledge of EHSS management systems, including OHSAS 18001 and ISO 14001, preferred.
- Physical requirements may include working from ladders, elevated surfaces, platforms, high energy sources, controlled chemical substances, controlled infectious agents and noise extremes.
- The ability to sit, stand and walk for extended periods and perform repetitive tasks such as lifting, carrying, bending, reaching, pulling, pushing required.
- Standard hours are 800am-500pm, but may require off-shift hours, including weekends, as needed by business and for site related emergencies.
- Proficiency in MS Office software programs including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint is required. J&J Worldwide EHSS data reporting and tracking systems is preferred.
This position will be located Jacksonville, FL. This position could have up to 10% travel both domestic and/or international.
BE VITAL in your career; be seen for the talent you bring to your work. Explore opportunities within the Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies.
Johnson & Johnson Vision Care, Inc. (6094)
Environmental Health & Safety