Johnson & Johnson Careers
Director, Global Strategic Marketing (GSM) – Bariatric Specialty
Requisition ID: 0447190327
Ethicon, a member of the Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies, is currently recruiting for a Director, Global Strategic Marketing (GSM) – Bariatric Specialty to be preferably located in Cincinnati, OH with consideration for Somerville NJ and global remote possibility. The position may require up to 30% travel.
The Ethicon business offers a broad range of products, platforms and technologies-including sutures, hemostasis products, surgical staplers, trocars and synthetic mesh devices-that are used in a wide variety of open and minimally invasive surgical procedures, and energy based surgical devices. Specialties include support for treatment of bariatric and thoracic conditions, women's health conditions, hernias, cancer and obesity.
The Ethicon business combines products and services of two market leading legacy companies, both with long histories of medical innovation. Ethicon, Inc. based in Somerville, New Jersey, was founded more than 80 years ago as a pioneer in suture development and manufacturing, helping to transform the safety and effectiveness of surgery. Ethicon Endo-Surgery, Inc. was started within Ethicon, and was separated and moved to Cincinnati, Ohio over 20 years ago, developing innovative devices that have driven the revolutionary shift from open to minimally invasive surgery that continues to lead the industry today along with innovative energy devices for surgery.
Learn more at www.ethicon.com or follow us on Twitter @Ethicon.
The Director, GSM Bariatric Specialty - will be responsible for driving growth of the ETHICON portfolio within the Bariatric specialty area. The individual will be responsible for the innovation strategy for each the bariatric specialty including working with Medical and R&D to define the disease state roadmap to inform internal and external opportunities to pursue. Subsequently this individual would be responsible for chartering new front-end projects and/or completing due diligence of licensing and acquisition deals to realize prioritized opportunities. The individual will partner with Medical Affairs, Health Economics and Market Access, Global Business Insights, and R&D to create specialty specific insights and evidence to drive adoption of new approaches and key technologies in the bariatric specialty. Additionally, the individual work with regional marketing counterparts to shape the go to market strategy for bariatric including informing value proposition, professional education, and support services. This individual will have a Sr Manager reporting into them.
- Have global responsibility for the Bariatric specialty growth strategy.
- Develop a disease state roadmap and solutions to serve highest areas of unmet need.
- Create bariatric specialty specific evidence to drive penetration of treatment approaches and new technologies.
- Lead the global bariatric specialty team to drive execution of specialty solutions and realize results.
- Define the bariatric specialty value propositions, segmentation, positioning/messaging, claims, and metrics.
- Partner with other Ethicon platforms and specialties to drive a comprehensive approach to bariatric.
- Engage with customers and key opinion leaders (KOLS) to identify key insights; lead global KOL identification and engagement.
Do you strive to join an outstanding team that is dynamic and ever-changing? Is career growth and opportunity appealing to you? Apply to this opportunity today.
- A minimum of a Bachelor’s degree is required, Master's degree preferred
- A minimum of 8 years progressive business experience is required
- A minimum of 5 years of marketing experience is required
- Medical Device marketing and sales experience is highly preferred
- Market knowledge in the Bariatric specialty is preferred.
- Previous regional in line marketing experience and Global strategic marketing experience with demonstrated competency building and executing a marketing strategy preferred.
- Experience with Marketing Excellence/Mastery, including Launch Excellence principles is highly preferred.
- Experience in product development including needs/insights assessment, portfolio management, new opportunity assessment, and product lifecycle management preferred.
- Experience in due diligence with licensing and acquisitions preferred.
- Proven ability to think creatively, design strategic solutions to complex problems, and an eagerness to learn is required.
- Demonstrated experience developing and leveraging customer insight required.
- Ability to build compelling business cases and influence senior leadership and cross functional partners in required.
- Excellent cross-functional and management influencing skills and ability to develop customer relationships required.
- Proven ability to collaborate successfully and lead high-performing internal teams is required.
Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies are equal opportunity employers, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
United States-New Jersey-Somerville-
North America-United States-Ohio-Cincinnati
Ethicon Inc. (6045)