Johnson & Johnson Careers
Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
Scientist, Functional Genomics
Requisition ID: 0443180205
Janssen Research & Development, L.L.C., a division of Johnson & Johnson's Family of Companies is recruiting for a Scientist located in Spring House, PA.
At the Janssen Pharmaceutical Companies of Johnson & Johnson, what matters most is helping people live full and healthy lives. We focus on treating, curing and preventing some of the most devastating and complex diseases of our time. And we pursue the most promising science, wherever it might be found.
Janssen Research & Development, LLC discovers and develops innovative medical solutions to address important unmet medical needs in oncology, immunology, neuroscience, infectious diseases and vaccines, and cardiovascular and metabolic diseases. Please visit http://www.JanssenRnD.com for more information.
We are Janssen. Our mission drives us. Our patients inspire us. We collaborate with the world for the health of everyone in it.
Thriving on a diverse company culture, celebrating the uniqueness of our employees and committed to inclusion. Proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
The Scientist will join the Functional Genomics Group, within Translational Platforms department of Discovery Science, to develop and implement cutting-edge approaches using gene editing tools to support the identification of small and large molecule therapeutics for disease indications, including Oncology, Immunology, Infectious Diseases, Neuroscience, and Cardiovascular and Metabolic Diseases. The Scientist will work in an exciting, interdisciplinary environment, overlapping the different stages of the discovery pipeline, by interacting with several internal and external groups. The candidate should be highly self-motivated and has experience managing a team of associate level staff. Responsibilities for the Scientist include:
- Design and execution of cellular experiments and screens using shRNA, CRISPR/Cas9, and other functional genomics tools for target identification, MOA characterization, and mechanisms of resistance and/or sensitivity to small and large molecules
- Ability to perform tissue culture with established cell lines, and primary cultures is a must. Cellular and molecular biology techniques include: transfections, transductions, RNAi and CRISPR/Cas9, microscopy, immunocytochemistry, flow cytometry, RT-QPCR, western blotting, immunoprecipitation etc.
- Expected to be able to critically analyze their data and troubleshooting skills will be essential
- Demonstrate a sense of urgency, be organized and adhere to sensitive timelines
- Supervise and guide junior research associates and work study students
- Manage multiple experiments and projects simultaneously
- Collaborate with stakeholders and business partners across multiple disciplines and contribute to various projects within the organization
- Keep up-to-date on literature related to his/her field. Act as an expert resource in her/his scientific field and related disciplines. Propose novel and actionable assay ideas, aligned with internal and external scientific strategies and demands
- Communicate in a clear and professional manner, both in writing and orally
- Present data in professional 'publication ready' format
- Ph.D. degree or equivalent, with a minimum of two years of post-degree experience in a high-quality academic, or equivalent biotech/ pharmaceutical experience is required
- Experience with pooled, genome-scale, functional genomics screens from in vitro or in vivo and cell line engineering is required
- Experience managing team members in constructive and productive ways is required
- Strong record of publications is required
- Ability to interpret, troubleshoot and report on complex data is required
- Basic statistical knowledge is required
- Drug discovery experience in a biotech or pharmaceutical environment is preferred
- System experience with electronic notebook management is preferred
- Experience with collaborating with external partners (e.g. contract research organizations and academics) is preferred
- Able to effectively present scientific data and concepts to international standards is preferred
United States-Pennsylvania-Spring House
Janssen Research & Development, LLC. (6084)