Johnson & Johnson Careers
Scientist, Computational Chemistry - La Jolla, CA
Requisition ID: 0439181218
Janssen Research & Development, a Johnson & Johnson Company is recruiting for a Scientist in Computational Chemistry located at La Jolla, California.
The Discovery Sciences organization within Janssen R&D is continuing to build key scientific expertise in screening, pharmacology and chemistry to partner closely with therapeutic area scientists to develop groundbreaking new medicines in the areas of Oncology, Immunology, Neuroscience, Cardiovascular, and Infectious Diseases. We are seeking excellent drug discovery scientists to join the team to bring their expertise to exciting efforts in novel areas of drug discovery.
At the Janssen Pharmaceutical Companies of Johnson & Johnson, what matters most is helping people live full and stabilized lives. We focus on treating, curing and preventing some of the most devastating and complex diseases of our time. We strive for partnership, and that has led to numerous breakthroughs. This includes medical miracles that have changed lives, to the simple consumer products that make every single day a little better. Our over 125,000 employees in 60 countries stand united in a common mission: To help people everywhere live longer, healthier, happier lives. Growing on a diverse company culture, celebrating the uniqueness of our employees and committed to diversity. Proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
As a Scientist, you will apply computational methods, including structure-based drug design, homology modeling, QSAR, ligand/receptor docking, high-throughput virtual screening (HTVS), molecular dynamics, quantum methods and diversity/similarity analysis and machine learning/artificial intelligence (ML/AI) in the design of individual molecules and libraries. Your goal is to advance various drug discovery projects. You will participate in multi-disciplinary teams including chemists, biologists, and structural biologists providing key expertise in the use and interpretation of structural data related to drug targets and their ligands/inhibitors. You will be responsible for:
- Execution of sophisticated experiments using advanced computational techniques on UNIX-based computer workstations.
- You should be able to clearly communication the results of computational experiments and interpretations of structure to team members facilitating the discovery of new drugs.
- Development of novel computational methods to address key drug discovery questions.
- A minimum of a PhD in Computational Science or related discipline is required.
- Experience in the application of computational chemistry tools to drug discovery is preferred.
- Familiarity with one or more standard computational chemistry packages (examples might include: Maestro/Schrodinger, MOE/Chemical Computing Group, OpenEye tools) is preferred.
- Ability to script work flows and implement new algorithms is preferred.
- Experience working with multi-disciplinary teams is preferred.
- Excellent writing and verbal skills are required.
- Experience with high-throughput virtual screening (HTVS), and/or machine learning/artificial intelligence (ML/AI) is preferred.
- This position requires full time hours in our La Jolla, CA company location.
Johnson & Johnson is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
United States-California-San Diego-
Janssen Research & Development, LLC. (6084)