Johnson & Johnson Careers
Global Database Technology Lead (1 of 2)
Raritan, New Jersey
Requisition ID: 0437180823
Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies is currently recruiting for a Global Database Technology Lead within the Johnson & Johnson Technology – Technology Services organization in Raritan, New Jersey.
Caring for the world, one person at a time’... inspires and unites the people of Johnson & Johnson. We embrace research and science - bringing creative ideas, products and services to advance the health and well-being of people. Employees of the Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies work with partners in health care to touch the lives of over a billion people every day, throughout the world.
With $76.5 billion in 2017 sales, Johnson & Johnson is the world's most comprehensive and broadly based manufacturer of health care products, as well as a provider of related services, for the consumer, pharmaceutical, and medical devices and diagnostics markets. There are more than 265 Johnson & Johnson operating companies employing approximately 126,500 people and with products touching the lives of over a billion people every day, throughout the world. If you have the talent and dream to touch the world, Johnson & Johnson has the career opportunities to help make it happen.
Growing on a diverse company culture, celebrating the uniqueness of our employees and committed to inclusion. Proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
Johnson & Johnson Technology - Technology Services manages all IT Infrastructure (architecture, engineering, deployment and support) for the Johnson & Johnson Family of company’s worldwide. The Global Database Technology Lead develops and implements new database solutions that increase business value by introducing new capabilities, improving speed-to-market, improving quality, and reducing overall costs. In addition, this role ensures operational excellence by maintaining a stable, secure, compliant, and highly available database platform. This role requires a mix of strong hands-on technical skills in automation scripting, solution engineering, platform integration, database administration, Agile project management, and communications. The ability to continually adapt, prioritize, and multi-task in a fast-paced environment is paramount.
- Manage and Implement large scale Database-as-a-Service projects, such as automation scripting and optimization of manual processes, to improve speed-to-market, reduce defects, reduce effort/cost, and drive self-service. This includes creation of user stories/requirements, iterative design and POC/experimentation, automation coding, and comprehensive & automated testing
- Execute Global I/T Strategic Initiatives and act as a Database Domain Expert (SME) to guide and interact with IT and business partners in cross-sector collaboration
- Perform database design assessments with technical Product Owners to build and deploy standardized database solutions that meet business needs. Understand overall impact of the application to operations and support
- Possess a full knowledge of day-to-day operations and identify opportunities for improvement, using dashboards and real-time data metrics. Provide guidance to the Managed Service team and 24x7 Level-3 Technical support, on a rotational basis. Drive Root Cause Analysis for problem management and priority incidents, across the full database stack
- Provide input to long-term service vision and technology/service strategies and roadmaps. Perform proof-of-concept experiments with emerging and developing industry technologies and trends to identify potential business value. Publish Service Standards, Guidelines, and Technology Lifecycle Management Roadmaps
- Partner with and evaluate external vendors to influence capabilities of commercially available products to better meet J&J needs and align to the strategies. Participate in Supplier-Enabled Innovation (SEI) engagements for technologies, providing feedback and recommendations
- Maintain an understanding of J&J sectors, businesses, and products and how they best can deploy the database service to maximize value and achieve corporate goals
- Ensure 100% compliance with all security, regulatory, and quality requirements, and participate in internal and external audits
- A minimum of a bachelor’s degree in Information Technology, Computer Science or related degree and 8+ years’ industry experience is required
- 5+ years’ experience managing a 24 x 7 global support model is required
- 5+ years’ hands-on Database Administration (Postgres, Oracle, and/or SQL Server) experience in a large-scale global organization with strong proficiency in: Installation and Configuration, Technology Lifecycle Management (patching and upgrading), Licensing, Identity and Access Management, High Availability, Business Continuity (Disaster Recovery), Backup & Recovery, Performance Management, Capacity Management, Auditing, Compliance & Configuration Management, Monitoring / Incident Management, Encryption, Data Masking, Replication, and Schema/Object Management is required
- 3+ years' experience with delivery of Database-as-a-Service, with hands-on experience creating and maintaining Powershell, VBA, ksh, or Ruby scripts to automate provisioning, configuration, and operational tasks. Must include 2+ years' experience using Chef. Must have used best practices in code development, release management, and versioning using Git Bitbucket is required
- 5+ years’ experience and strong proficiency with the full platform stack, including Windows, Linux, and HPUX operating systems, VMWare hypervisor, storage systems, and network. Usage of tools used to baseline performance and triage issues which impact the database is required
- 2+ years’ experience with deployment and management of Platform-as-a-Service databases in the public cloud, such as Amazon RDS, or Azure SQL DB is required
- Proven experience with Continuous Service Improvements, by identifying appropriate service KPI metrics, automating data collection, dashboard reporting, and analysis/action planning is required
- Experience utilizing SCRUM/Agile and Waterfall project management methodologies to drive large scale initiatives is required. Proficiency with developing and articulating requirements/User Stories is required. Prior use of JIRA or Leankit is required. Ability to create business cases, translate value of projects to the organization, and build and manage project budgets is preferred
- As an individual contributor, must be able to work effectively within matrixed project teams in a virtual work environment across multiple countries and cultures is required
- Integration and usage of infrastructure support tools for Database as a Service (vRealize) , administration, Backup/recovery (Netbackup), configuration, job scheduling (Control-M, MSSQL Agent), monitoring (System Center Operations Manager, Oracle Enterprise Manager), automation (Chef, vRealize, shell scripting), auditing (RSA Netwitness), KPI/Dashboard reporting (Tableau, Excel, MSSSQL Reporting Services), and security (OneIDM) is required. Proficiency using Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint, Word, Visio is required
- Must possess excellent English written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to present ideas to influence or promote, in non-technical terms, is required
- Understanding of regulatory compliance requirements (Sarbanes Oxley, FDA/GxP) is required
- Must possess strong collaboration, team-building, and excellent interpersonal skills
- Professional certifications in Oracle, Microsoft SQL Server, or PostgreSQL is preferred
United States-New Jersey-Raritan
Johnson & Johnson Services Inc. (6090)