Johnson & Johnson Careers
IT Lead, Business Technology Leader CSS
Business Relationship Management
Requisition ID: 0435180823
Johnson & Johnson is recruiting for a IT Lead, Business Technology Leader (BTL) supporting the Cardiovascular and Specialty Solutions Companies (CSS) including Mentor, Acclarent, Biosense Webster, Cerenovus, Sterilmed, and Advanced Sterilization Products. This position is located in Irvine, CA.
Caring for the world, one person at a time has inspired and united the people of Johnson & Johnson for over 125 years. We embrace research and science -- bringing innovative ideas, products and services to advance the health and well-being of people. Employees of the Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies work with partners in health care to touch the lives of over a billion people every day, throughout the world.
With $76.5 billion in 2017 sales, Johnson & Johnson is the world's most comprehensive and broadly based manufacturer of health care products, as well as a provider of related services, for the consumer, pharmaceutical, and medical devices and diagnostics markets. There are more than 265 Johnson & Johnson operating companies employing approximately 126,500 people and with products touching the lives of over a billion people every day, throughout the world. If you have the talent and desire to touch the world, Johnson & Johnson has the career opportunities to help make it happen.
Thriving on a diverse company culture, celebrating the uniqueness of our employees and committed to inclusion. Proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
IT Lead, Business Technology Leader (BTL) for CSS companies is a functional and technical expert, who is passionate about applying technology to address business challenges and opportunities. Acting as the liaison between business functions and the J&J Technology organization, the BTL is responsible for developing a comprehensive understanding of the CSS businesses, therapeutic areas, and technologies in order to partner with business leaders in recommending the appropriate IT technology investments. Applying expertise in digital technology and product development, this role is responsible for digital demand management for all CSS companies, and will assume a leadership role in key strategic digital programs. S/he will connect with business partners, and various J&J Technology Product Line Organizations (PLOs) to shape demand and resolve how to best support the business through most appropriate use of skills, tools, capabilities, and technology. The position will play a key role in developing forward looking strategies and implementation plans for the commercial organization. Cross-disciplinary experience and a strong ability to communicate and build credibility with leadership teams, as well as to translate ideas into actionable projects executed by technology professionals is essential.
Additional specific responsibilities include:
• Presents regularly to, and engages with key business and IT leaders to maintain strategic and directional alignment, share roadmaps and outcomes, and solicit feedback for continuous improvement
• Engages architecture, product line organizations (PLOs), and Technology shared services experts to define Technology solution strategies and roadmaps that maximize business value and are consistent with business objectives and strategy
• Understand business priorities and translate them to the development of business cases for proposed projects
• Effectively elicits, communicates and documents high-level processes and requirements
• Partner with PLOs to estimate cost of development effort, resource requirements, and time to deliver prioritized requirements
• Works with the Global Marketing Product Line, Marketing, and Product teams to shape the strategy and capabilities for key digital platforms, supporting technology roadmap, organization and engagement structures
• Frequently interacts with external customers, patients and stakeholders to look for opportunities to apply IT technology in product & service offerings
• Advises and influences senior management on the application of digital technologies, aligned to the IT & business strategies
• Works with Project Managers to effectively manage financials, risks and issues for the defined projects and portfolio
• Tracks benefit realization from the delivered capabilities
• Handles business partner expectations and resolves conflicts; Negotiates the needs of multiple partners
• A minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree is required
• A minimum of four (4) years of relevant business experience is required
• 2 years relevant experience and demonstrated success in direct or indirect people management and strong team-building skills is required. (mentorship, training, direct/indirect reports)
•Experience handling the budgeting and financial tracking of Technology projects is strongly preferred
• Experience leading global business priorities and projects across multiple business areas is strongly preferred
• Strong business process knowledge, and a shown capability to apply technology solutions in addressing complex, global business issues is required
• An understanding of 1) methodologies for system design, development, and implementation; 2) all phases of the Project Implementation life cycle; 3) validation and regulatory requirements is preferred
• Experience in healthcare and a general understanding to FDA, HIPAA and other healthcare regulations is preferred
• Prior project leadership in a matrixed environment is preferred
• Experience developing software solutions is preferred
• An innovative thinker with strong understanding of technology trends and the potential impact for addressing the needs of partners including patients, caregivers, and clinicians is preferred
• Strong digital domain expertise with strategic and delivery experience with various digital/web/mobile technologies and eCommerce is preferred.
• This position is located in Irvine, CA and requires up to 10% travel
Depuy Orthopaedics. Inc. (6029)
Business Relationship Management