Johnson & Johnson Careers
Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
Senior Engineer, Packaging
Requisition ID: 0426180227
Ethicon Endo Surgery Inc., a member of the Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies, is recruiting for a Senior Engineer, Packaging to be located in Albuquerque, New Mexico.
The Ethicon Surgical Care business offers a broad range of products, platforms and technologies—including sutures, surgical staplers, clip appliers, trocars and synthetic mesh devices—that are used in a wide variety of minimally invasive and open surgical procedures. Specialties include support for treatment of colorectal and thoracic conditions, women’s health conditions, hernias, cancer and obesity. The Ethicon Surgical Care business combines products and services of two market-leading legacy companies, both with long histories of medical innovation. Ethicon, Inc. based in Somerville, New Jersey, was founded more than 80 years ago as a pioneer in suture development and manufacturing, helping to transform the safety and effectiveness of open surgery. Ethicon Endo-Surgery, Inc. was created 20 years ago in Cincinnati, Ohio, developing innovative devices that have driven the revolutionary shift from open to minimally invasive surgery that continues to lead the industry today.
The purpose of this position is to provide project engineering support and special technical expertise to manufacturing operations to achieve the best quality, efficiency and cost.
KEY JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Develop and apply appropriate technology(s) to optimize and expand manufacturing capabilities to meet company’s objectives for new and existing product lines.
- Provide specific technical expertise to support and process improvements.
- Establish specific manufacturing capability / technology to support transfers and new product introduction.
- Apply state-of-the-art process technology to support improved customer service and COGS reduction.
- Work with and maintain local supplier network to assure extraordinary quality, delivery and cost for components and materials.
- Maintain technical proficiency within industry related technologies.
- Provide technical feedback to special project teams; coordinates support to pilot operations as required.
- Handle and / or lead packaging projects.
- Maintain project schedule and cost.
- Provide technical analysis for product inquiries.
- Follow all company safety policies and other safety precautions within the work area.
- Attend required safety training.
- Promote safety to all associates that enter the work area.
- Report to Technical Services–Engineering Manager.
- Environmental – Participate in EMS management structure toward implementation and maintenance of EMS including continual improvement; pollution prevention; objectives and targets; and regulatory compliance. Participate and support the ISO 14001 Certification and Regulatory Audit process. Implement and follow all applicable EMS procedures. Adhere to the site’s EHS Code of Conduct.
- Lead technicians and multi-functional teams as required.
- Minimum of Bachelor of Science in Engineering or related science.
- Advanced technical training in area(s) of expertise preferred.
KEY SKILLS/KNOWLEDGE REQUIRED:
- Analytical and statistical measurement systems and problem-solving techniques.
- Word-processing and documentation systems, basic graphics, CAD, project management, data management, computer-based process controllers (software and programming) and statistical analyses.
- Minimum of 4 to 6 years’ experience in medical device / pharmaceutical packaging is preferred.
- Packaging equipment design and / or specification; tooling and materials expertise.
- Experience in qualification, validation and DOE; process controls.
- Functional testing, documentation systems, transportation testing, and bio-burden management preferred.
- Long walking, standing, bending, stooping and reaching.
- Occasional lifting of up to 50 lbs.
- Office desk work, requiring sitting, walking, using the phone and computer.
This is position may require 10-15% travel.
Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies are equal opportunity employers, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
United States-New Mexico-Albuquerque
Ethicon Endo Surgery Inc (6041)