Johnson & Johnson Careers
Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
Operations Lead - 3rd Shift (1 of 2)
Requisition ID: 0424180122
This role supports manufacturing operations in the areas of production, secondary operations, finishing, packaging, documentation, continuous improvement and other duties associated with production of medical devices. Work is in accordance with all requirements for manufacturing medical devices per FDA regulations. The operations lead will facilitate value stream communications and process flow, serve as a primary point of contact for issue resolution, assist leadership in various functions, support operations to achieve departmental goals and coordinate with business partners throughout the plant.
POSITION DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Follow appropriate safety practices to prevent accidents to self or others.
- Follow all laws and policies as they apply to one's job and to maintain the highest levels of professionalism, ethics and compliance at all times.
- Participate in and understand all compliance related activities pertaining to the job assignment.
- Assists Value Stream Managers and Production Planners in setting detailed production schedule as well as provide feedback for monthly SRM (Supply Review Meeting).
- Works with production operators to support their achievement of individual goals and objectives.
- Coordinates preventive maintenance and 5S related tasks as it pertains to the assigned area including but not limited to maintaining coolant levels, emptying chip containers, etc.
- Understand and execute lean initiatives (e.g. 5S, Standard Work). Suggest improvements to processes using lean principles.
- Engage with others in a positive and constructive manner that is conducive to good teamwork in a production environment.
- Proficiently perform process requirements and metrics in assigned area to meet safety, quality, compliance and production goals as well as training requirements.
- Work during assigned shift schedule and meet associated attendance requirements. Ability to support all three shifts, as needed.
- Demonstrate consistency in results.
- Work with other departments, department leads, trainers and engineers to resolve quality issues.
- Identify and offer ideas and solutions for improvements based on applied knowledge.
- Develop and maintains reports as required. Reviews hourly, daily and weekly production rates against schedule.
- Support Manufacturing Continuous Improvement targets (CIPs).
- Support new hire training coordination. Train and mentor new employees across the Value Stream.
- Assist and coordinate production efforts to cover demand of a assigned cell or area.
- Promote and encourage participation of cell members to identify opportunities for improvement.
- Supports all new product launches.
- Appropriately escalate staffing and work demand concerns according to the leadership team as required for the assigned cell or area.
- Develop and maintains reports as required.
- Assist in development of SOP's, other control processes and practices.
- Supports efforts to meet goals and metrics for the value stream.
- Assists with quality non-conformance investigations and product dispositions.
- Performs other related duties, as required.
- A minimum of a high school diploma or equivalent is required. Bachelor’s degree is preferred.
- Strong writing skills.
- Strong verbal communication skills with demonstrated leadership experience and ability.
- Strong computer skills (e.g. Microsoft Office, internet, email).
- Ability to autonomously investigate and analyze raw data, and extrapolate conclusions is required.
- Knowledge of manufacturing operations. Manufacturing experience preferred.
- Leadership ability and ability to motivate people.
- Must be able to work on multiple projects/tasks.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail is required.
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Visio.
- Work in conditions that may be hot, cold, wet and/or noisy along with exposure to fumes, oil, coolants and other manufacturing related chemicals.
- Ability to work overtime - over eight (8) hours a day, 40 hours a week and/or weekends to support business requirements.
- Work on feet up to 100% of the time.
- Lift up to 25 pounds on a regular basis along with occasionally performing two-man lifts for objects greater than 25 pounds.
- Ability to support all three shifts as needed.
- This position will be based in Monument, Colorado.
DePuySynthes Products Inc (6149)