Johnson & Johnson Careers
Senior Finance Director, Portfolio Analytics
Raritan, New Jersey
Requisition ID: 0415180503
Janssen Research & Development (JRD), a member of Johnson & Johnson's Family of Companies, is recruiting for a Senior Finance Director, Portfolio Analytics. The preferable location for this role is in Raritan, NJ or Spring House, PA with consideration for other J&J sites in NJ or PA.
At the Janssen Pharmaceutical Companies of Johnson & Johnson, what matters most is helping people live full and healthy lives. We focus on treating, curing and preventing some of the most devastating and complex diseases of our time. And we pursue the most promising science, wherever it might be found.
Janssen Research & Development, LLC discovers and develops innovative medical solutions to address important unmet medical needs in oncology, immunology, neuroscience, infectious diseases and vaccines, and cardiovascular and metabolic diseases. Please visit http://www.JanssenRnD.com for more information.
The Senior Finance Director, Portfolio Analytics reports directly to the CFO and is responsible for Investment Committee analytics and decision support, Long Range Financial Planning (for all of Janssen, not just R&D), coordination with Business Development and the J&J Innovation Organization in conjunction with the TA Finance Teams, investment analysis, and a variety of ad hoc analytics across the organization. This is a matrixed position that will work with the Therapeutic Area Finance teams and various operating groups to deploy improved tools and approaches, ensure consistency across the portfolio, and ensure that teams at all levels of the organization have the information they need to make the very best decisions.
Key activities for this position include, but are not limited to:
• Decision Support and Analytics for JRD (incl. but not limited to Investment Committee)
• Leadership of Janssen and JRD Long Range Financial Plan
• Financial Support of Enterprise Related Initiatives (e.g. RDMC, IPO, and EPI)
• Coordination with Business Development and the J&J Innovation Organization
• Deploy Analytical Tools and Approaches (Decision Trees, Monte Carlo, Scenario Analysis)
• Member of Janssen R&D Global Finance Leadership Team
• Manage team of 3-5 associates, including: Managers and Analysts.
• Ad Hoc Projects and Analysis
Additional key responsibilities of this role include: Work with teams to ensure robust objective financial analysis is brought forward to management
• Review and align on key inputs at the project and portfolio level
• Ensure that key risks are identified, quantified, and analyzed
• Educate and support the teams in the deployment of various analytical tools and approaches (including; Decision Trees, Monte Carlo, Scenario Analysis)
• Analyze the impact of various trade off decisions and make recommendations
• Help to optimize allocation of funding and maximize portfolio value creation against a given budget constraint
• Develop new and improved approaches to financial and portfolio analysis
• Provide Management with meaningful analytics and metrics to inform decision making
Lead the development of the Janssen and JRD Long Range Financial Plan and Various Enterprise Processes
• Lead the Long Range Financial Process across the entire Janssen Organization
• Provide leadership and process direction to the Pharmaceutical CFO’s and Group Finance (including; timelines, content requirements, key deliverables, scenario planning etc)
• Work with Enterprise Finance and Janssen R&D PMO on the IPO and EPI processes
• Integrate Portfolio and LRFP into a dynamic real time process
Coordination with Business Development (BD) and the J&J Innovation Organization (JJI):
• Partner with Therapeutic Area Finance Directors, Business Development Finance, and J&J Innovation Finance to ensure close alignment on potential deals, collaborations, and divestitures
• Understand portfolio implications associated with new deals, funding implications and trade-offs, key risks, and value impact
• Work with BD and JJI to provide periodic updates to the IC
Manage team of 3-5 associates, including: Managers and Analysts:
• Develop, adjust, implement and maintain organizational design that supports global business partners in multiple locations worldwide.
• Develop functional goals and objectives that are aligned with the Finance and business goals and objectives.
• Provide an environment for professional growth of staff which includes actionable feedback, recognition and rewards
• Provide coaching and mentoring in support of the staff’s development plan
• Support the CFO and Head of R&D in various analysis and coordination of financial content for presentations to the EC, GOC, and RDMC
• Participate in various JRD and J&J Finance initiatives (e.g. Innovation Controllers Council)
• Support the CFO and Head of R&D in various ad hoc analyses in support of key investment decisions, budget allocation, and portfolio trade-offs
• A minimum of a Bachelor's degree is required.
• A CPA/CMA or MBA is preferred.
• A minimum of 12 years of Finance/Accounting experience is required.
• Experience managing and developing direct reports is required.
• Prior experience with long range Financial Planning and coordination with Business Development is required
• Experience with valuation, building models and analyzing business proposals required
• Prior experience deploying Analytical Tools and Approaches (i.e., Decision Trees, Monte Carlo, Scenario Analysis) is strongly preferred
• Deep understanding of portfolio implications associated with new deals, funding implications and trade-offs, key risks, and value impact is required
• Outstanding analytical skills, ability to partner and influence external partners and people at all levels of the organization is required.
• Superior communication, business partnering, problem solving and prioritization skills are also required.
• The individual must be self-motivated with a track record of demonstrated leadership abilities with both senior business leaders, direct reports and finance colleagues.
• Must have the ability to maintain and improve consistent and sound business processes in a dynamic, cross-cultural environment.
• This role requires up to 20% domestic and international travel.
United States-New Jersey-Raritan
North America-United States-Pennsylvania, North America-United States-New Jersey, North America-United States-Pennsylvania-Horsham, North America-United States-Pennsylvania-Spring House
Janssen Research & Development, LLC. (6084)