Johnson & Johnson Careers
Staff EHS&S Specialist
Requisition ID: 0396180822
DePuy Synthes Companies of Johnson & Johnson is seeking a Staff Environment, Health, Safety & Sustainability (EHS&S) Specialist to be located in West Chester, PA.
DePuy Synthes is a Johnson & Johnson company that is one of the leaders in the medical device industry. Our implants and instruments are used by orthopedic surgeons to treat patients with conditions resulting from traumatic injuries, degenerative diseases, deformities, and sports related injuries. Our environment is entrepreneurial, learning-driven, and is as challenging as it is rewarding.
DePuy Synthes Companies of Johnson & Johnson is the largest, most innovative and comprehensive orthopedic and neurological business in the world. DePuy Synthes Companies will offer an unparalleled breadth and depth of products, services and programs in the areas of joint reconstruction, trauma, spine, sports medicine, neurological, craniomaxillofacial, power tools and biomaterials. Building on the legacy and strengths of two great companies, we are creating one organization that will be agile and better equipped in today's evolving health care environment. With a focus on activating insights to develop innovative, comprehensive solutions, we are inspired to advance patient care in greater ways than either company could accomplish on its own.
- This leader will work closely with various internal and external stakeholders.
- Internal: DePuy Synthes Operations, Facilities, R&D, Maintenance and Engineering, as well as other site functional leaders.
- External: Regulators and 3rd party consultants or assessors
- Provide overall site focus in the following areas: Ergonomics, Incident Investigation, Chemical Exposure Control, Noise and Hearing Conservation, Medical Surveillance, Machine Safety, and other technical occupational safety program support, etc.
- Shared responsibility with site operational leaders for EHS&S performance at the site.
- Provide coaching to program leaders consistent with creating a safe and compliant EHS&S Culture through robust engagement of personnel.
- Partner with program leaders and functional leaders to develop and implement corrective and preventive actions for assigned standards to address EHS&S program deficiencies and ensure EHS&S regulatory compliance.
- Develop EHS&S objectives for the assigned programs - auditing, analyzing, documenting, and reporting on their implementation and effectiveness to management via dashboards & reports.
- Monitor and evaluate EHS&S risks of operations, including change management, ensuring continuous improvement of the EHS&S program to make it leaner and more efficient.
- Develop, implement, and deliver EHS&S training for assigned EHS&S standards/procedures, ensuring key risk and regulatory requirements are addressed for appropriate audiences, including new hires.
- Support and facilitate site EHS&S committees/teams to ensure implementation of the EHS&S culture.
- Collaborate with other functions to manage EHS&S aspects of external manufacturers, suppliers and contractor programs where necessary.
- Lead investigations for Near Miss, and injury / illness incidents.
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Science, Engineering or another Technical Field is required.
- A minimum of 8+ years of EHS experience is required
- Experience in developing and implementing chemical and physical exposure control programs (Ergonomics, Incident Investigation, Chemical Exposure Control, Noise and Hearing Conservation, Medical Surveillance, Machine Safety, Confined Space Entry, Fall Prevention, etc.) is required.
- Knowledge of OSHA, ANSI and other consensus regulations/standards is required
- Classroom instructor skills are required.
- Experience in an FDA regulated/GMP environment is preferred
- Experience in produce and maintain project schedules and budgets is preferred
- Experience in interfacing with associates and local, state & federal inspectors is preferred
- Strong organizational skills in generate all required reports and record keeping systems is preferred
- Experience is required in identifying, evaluating and controlling EHS&S hazards in the workplace is preferred
- Ability to quickly interpret complex regulatory issues and provide recommended course of action is preferred
- Strong decision making, and problem-solving skills is preferred
- Experience in leading change to individual and organizational behavior impacting EHS&S results is preferred
- Proficient in MS Office software programs including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint is preferred
- Internet, intranet and database tools (internal and external) as needed to support the EHS&S functions is preferred
Do you strive to join an outstanding team that is
dynamic and ever-changing? Is career growth and opportunity appealing to you?
Apply to this opportunity today.
Johnson & Johnson is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
United States-Pennsylvania-West Chester
Depuy Orthopaedics. Inc. (6029)
Environmental Health & Safety