Caring for the world, one person at a time has inspired and united the people of Johnson & Johnson for over 130 years. We embrace research and science -- bringing innovative ideas, products and services to advance the health and well-being of people.
With $76.5 billion in 2017 sales, Johnson & Johnson is the world's most comprehensive and broadly-based manufacturer of health care products, as well as a provider of related services, for the consumer, pharmaceutical, and medical devices markets. There are more than 250 Johnson & Johnson operating companies employing over 125,000 people and with products touching the lives of over a billion people every day, throughout the world. If you have the talent and desire to touch the world, Johnson & Johnson has the career opportunities to help make it happen.
Thriving on a diverse company culture, celebrating the uniqueness of our employees and committed to inclusion. Proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
Ethicon Inc., NeuWave Medical, Megadyne Medical Products, and Torax Medical Inc., of Johnson & Johnson's Family of Companies, are recruiting for a Quality Engineering Co-op. The Ethicon business offers a broad range of products, platforms, and technologies—including sutures, surgical staplers, advanced energy, robotic surgery, clip appliers, trocars and synthetic mesh devices—that are used in a wide variety of minimally invasive and open surgical procedures. Specialties include support for treatment of colorectal and thoracic conditions, women’s health conditions, hernias, cancer and obesity. The Ethicon business combines products and services of two market leading legacy companies, both with long histories of medical innovation. Ethicon, Inc. based in Somerville, New Jersey, was founded more than 80 years ago, as a pioneer in suture development and manufacturing, helping to transform the safety and effectiveness of open surgery. Ethicon Endo-Surgery, Inc. was created 25 years ago, in Cincinnati, Ohio, developing creative devices that have driven the groundbreaking shift from open to minimally invasive surgery that continues to lead the industry today.
As a Co-op in the Quality Engineering organization, you will have the chance to:
- Use state of the art tools and take advantage of training courses offered on-site.
- Perform testing, experimentation, verification, and validation to support product design.
- Assist in developing laboratory testing, interpreting data results, and recommending next steps.
- Learn and perform various statistical analysis techniques.
- Create and update risk management documents like FMEAs, Quality plans, and complaint analyses.
- Strengthen communication and leadership skills.
- Work with a diverse team of Design Engineers, Development Engineers, Quality Engineers, Regulatory Affairs, Marketing, and Clinical.
- Meet with Quality management to discuss risks and opportunities for the respective projects.
The Quality Engineering Co-op:
- May have the opportunity to work at or support one of the following Johnson & Johnson Medical Device sites:
- Ethicon Inc. – Cincinnati Ohio
- Ethicon Inc. – Somerville, New Jersey
- NeuWave Medical – Madison, Wisconsin
- Megadyne Medical Products – Draper, Utah
- Torax Medical Inc. – Shoreview, Minnesota
- Will be assigned to a team in one of the various franchises of each respective company.
- Will work in New Product Development/R&D, Lifecycle/Sustaining, or the Quality Systems group.
- Will report directly to, and receive assignments from, the team Quality Engineer, while also working with the broader team for additional assignments.
- Will participate in and/or lead on-campus activities such as learning committees, volunteer events, and meet and greet luncheons with full time associates.
Rotations are generally 3-5 months (based on common Spring, Summer, and Fall school semester terms) and availability for multiple rotations is desired. The Quality Engineering Co-op program provides each student with a great support system, as well as the opportunity to meet people from various schools throughout the country. If brought back for multiple rotations, responsibilities will increase with each rotation as experience is gained by returning to school. We offer a competitive wage and subsidized, furnished housing for non-local students.
- Candidates must be enrolled in an accredited college/university pursuing a Bachelors or Masters degree in Mechanical Engineering, Biomedical Engineering, Chemical Engineering, Electrical Engineering or a related field.
- Candidates must be in the second year or above in school at the start of the co-op.
- Candidates must be familiar with basic statistics concepts/terminology
- If not in an engineering application- other roles are acceptable (i.e. budget management from a club, or any experience working with numbers)
- Candidates must be available to work Full-time.
- Candidates must be legally authorized to work in the United States and not require sponsorship for employment visa status (e.g. H1-B status) now or in the future.
- Candidates must be detail-oriented, highly organized and able to manage multiple tasks.
- Candidates must have the ability to work individually (independently) as well as on a team.
- Candidates must to be proficient with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Power Point) and have strong oral and written communication skills.
- Candidates must have a minimum G.P.A. of 3.00.
Nice to Have/Preferred
- Demonstrated leadership/participation in campus programs and/or community service activities.
- Previous quality engineering related experiences.
- Knowledge of FDA or regulatory guidance.
- Medical related experience (previous co-op at medical device company, working volunteering at a hospital, etc.).
- Advanced familiarity with statistics concepts/terminology (either from previous co-ops or classwork)
- Understanding of risk management.
- Failure analysis/root cause understanding.
- Experience with statistics software (e.g. Minitab, Weibull/Reliasoft, SAS, etc.).
Johnson & Johnson is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
#JNJUndergraduate #JNJMasters #JNJResearchandDevelopment #JNJCoOp
Ethicon Endo Surgery Inc (6041)