Johnson & Johnson Careers
Manager, Canada Payroll
Requisition ID: 0389181218
Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies is currently recruiting for a Manager, Canada Payroll - North America Global Services – within the Johnson & Johnson Global Services organization.
The Payroll Manager will report directly to the Regional Payroll Lead, North America Global Services.
As a senior-level payroll contributor and subject matter authority, you will be responsible for leading the execution of the day-to-day Canadian payroll operational activities, leading strategic capabilities, cultural competences and first-class delivery of all interfaces to/from other applications and service delivery processes; ensuring accurate and timely tax payments and filings.
The primary role and responsibilities include the management of payroll service delivery for Canada within Global Services:
• Responsible for ensuring timely and accurate processing of all payroll cycles including audits and reconciliations.
• Supervises case management and promotes collaboration with other GS functions to ensure all data is complete and received within payroll deadlines for processing.
• Accountable for all quarterly processing, including timely and compliant submissions to all Government agencies.
• Responsible for all aspects of year-end closing activities within country scope.
• Responsible to collaborate with Global Services (GS) change and communication partners for employee and business communications.
• Accountable for the documentation, implementation, and adherence of compliant payroll processes and procedures.
• Ensure Sarbanes-Oxley requirements are fulfilled, monitored and maintained.
• Provides direction, effective communication and ensure the payroll system is compliant with regulatory requirements and tax rates.
• Lead and collaborate with GS functions all activities related to acquisitions and divestitures within scope.
• Deliver service excellence, instilling a continuous improvement and growth mindset across the team, improving service delivery quality and operational efficiency, following GFS strategies.
• Organize and facilitate ongoing development, evaluation and maintenance of documentation (e.g., Standard Operating Procedures, Desktop Procedures and Job Aids) to ensure complete, accurate, and up-to-date depiction of processes.
• Build and utilize metrics to drive performance, identify trends, and develop/implement operational improvements, escalating issues and proposed solutions as appropriate.
• Responsible for the proper alignment of resources to operational activities based on the business needs and the skill/knowledge of each team member.
• Assure that third party vendors adhere to established service level agreements and provide feedback regarding performance.
• Craft and lead team goals and objectives that strategically align with GS Leadership Imperatives and JnJ Credo.
• Nurture effective career development plans for payroll team members.
• Develops, coaches and mentor payroll team.
• Recruit and hire staff as appropriate.
• Perform other duties as assigned.
• A minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree is required.
• A Master’s degree is preferred.
• Certified Payroll Manager (CPM) or other designation is strongly preferred.
• Minimum of 10 years’ experience of payroll processing in a complex multi company environment required.
• Detailed knowledge of Country Statutory requirements and systems required.
• Prior Managerial / Supervisory experience required.
• Consistent track record of accurate and timely payroll delivery required.
• Ability to process complex information and quickly identify creative solutions that meet both internal and business partner requirements is required.
• Experience in a shared service center environment preferred.
• Experience developing and improving payroll processes to maximize efficiency & deliver quality services is preferred.
• A sense of urgency in solving customer requests to ensure timely resolution and an ability to work effectively under pressure.
• Experience with an ERP system such as Payroll, HR, OM modules of SAP and/or Workday preferred.
• Proficiency in Microsoft office is required.
• Demonstrate high degree of confidentiality and sensitivity to compliance related matters required.
Diversity and inclusion are central elements of the shared culture across the Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies. Attracting, developing and retaining a workforce that reflects the diversity of our customers and communities is essential to our success. We are committed to providing a respectful, inclusive and accessible work environment where all employees have the opportunity to achieve their potential.
Johnson & Johnson Inc. (7695)