Johnson & Johnson Careers
Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
Senior Manager, Modeling & Analytics (Optimization Modeling)
Fremont, California; United States; New Jersey, United States; California, United States; Seattle, Washington; Irvine, California
Requisition ID: 0387180122
Johnson & Johnson Supply Chain Digital & Analytics group is recruiting for a Senior Manager, Modeling & Analytics who will play a key role in our transformation journey of applying innovative analytics to drive business improvement and competitive advantage. This position has the option to sit in any J&J office in USA, but preferred locations are Fremont, CA, Seattle, WA, Irvine, CA and Bridgewater, NJ.
At the core of our business strategy is the value of reliable, real-time data - “the great equalizer” - and insights that come out of the data using Advanced Analytics. Our ability to leverage cognitive, diagnostic, predictive and prescriptive analytics to drive speed and agility in our supply chain will give us competitive edge. Accelerated adoption of cutting edge modeling & analytics embedded in the operational workflow is required to achieve our goals. The Senior Manager, Modeling & Analytics role will set and execute modeling & analytics strategy and provide technical leadership in driving high-impact deployment of innovative solutions at strategic, tactical, and operational levels across JJSC.
Major responsibilities include:
- Lead the development and deployment of Operations Research (O.R.) optimization models, simulation models, and other advanced analytics solutions to enable data-driven decision making and achieve business improvement in operations and supply chain.
- Develop technology strategy and solution stack to enable end-to-end, scalable, efficient, automated processes for large scale data analysis, model development, model validation and model implementation.
- Partner with business leaders and stakeholders in various functional groups (e.g., manufacturing, operations, planning, procurement, engineering, quality assurance, logistics) to identify, guide, and advise on advanced analytics application opportunities.
- Deep collaboration with IT and other members of Digital & Analytics community to drive innovative analytics and data science solutions, including data, tools, methods, and infrastructure
- Keep in tune with industry trends, techniques, tools and use cases to steer internal improvement and innovation of Advanced Analytics and Data science.
- Provide individual and team leadership to O.R. modelers and data scientists to ensure they are growing their capabilities and achieving their career goals
- Master’s or PhD in Operations Research, Industrial Engineering, Management Science or other related quantitative disciplines is required.
- 7+ years of industry experience in successfully deploying O.R. mathematical models & advanced analytics in operations and supply chain, especially in inventory planning and optimization, scheduling optimization, and network optimization areas.
- Strong technical competency and hands-on skills in developing large-scale optimization models (LP, MIP, NLP, QP, CPLEX, Gurobi, Xpress, etc.)
- Proven thought leadership in solving complex problems with examples of implementing innovative analytic solutions and driving outstanding results
- Hands on experience with operationalization of optimization/simulation models with track record of success and proven outcomes. Experience in partnering with business stakeholders to drive model adoption and change management.
- Proficiency with programming in R, Python, C, C++, Java is preferred.
- Experience with simulation models and tools (e.g., Arena, Risk Solver Platform) is a plus.
- Background in manufacturing and supply chain management is preferred.
- Preferred experience in building, developing and leading a data science team focused on application of optimization modeling and advanced analytics.
- Solid understanding of BI and data solutions, including Power Pivot, cubes, data warehouse, and data marts.
- Experience with machine learning algorithms, big data architecture and distributed computing tools (Map/Reduce, Hadoop, Hive, Spark, Kafka, etc.) is a plus.
- Experience with data visualization and presentation (Tableu, Qlik, Power BI, etc.) is preferred.
North America-United States-Washington-Seattle, North America-United States, North America-United States-New Jersey, North America-United States-California, North America-United States-California-Irvine
Johnson & Johnson Services Inc. (6090)