Johnson & Johnson Careers
Associate Director, Therapy Access, Actelion Pharmaceuticals US Inc., East Coast
Requisition ID: 0386190410
Associate Director, Therapy Access - (East Coast) – Janssen Pharmaceuticals, Inc., (Actelion)
Janssen Pharmaceuticals, Inc., (Actelion), a member of Johnson & Johnson's Family of Companies, is recruiting for an Associate Director, Therapy Access to cover the East Coast.
Janssen is a company driven by dedication to product innovation, customer focus and employee and organizational excellence.
Our goal is to build on our leadership position in major existing therapeutic categories, while pioneering and taking the lead in new categories. We actively identify and pursue innovative business opportunities. We create partnerships that contribute to mutual success. People are our strength and the source of our growth. We are committed to providing a diverse, dynamic and challenging work environment where associates and their ideas can develop and thrive. Our focus on customers, partners, people and innovation creates sustainable, profitable growth and shareholder value. Our business practices reflect the responsibilities expressed in the Johnson & Johnson Credo.
Please visit our website at www.janssenpharmaceuticalsinc.com to learn more about J&J and our products.
The Associate Director, Therapy Access will contribute to the development of the strategic plan for the Therapy Access group. They will lead the execution of all therapy access strategies for Actelion products to ensure an optimal access for prescriber-endorsed access to and adherence. They will also lead the development and implementation of tactical plans for the Therapy Access Manager (TAM) team designed to provide education to HCPs about patient access and adherence to Actelion therapies. He or she will develop, coach and manage the performance of the field-based team who provide access, payer coverage policy and payer process education and access related issue resolution to Health Care Providers (HCPs). They will foster communication and partnership across multiple Actelion departments including Patient Access, Pharmacy Access (PPA), Medical, Market Access and Field Sales.
Primary responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Manages a team of Therapy Access Managers (regional coverage)
- Provide leadership and mentorship to the field-based TAM team to ensure achievement of their objectives and goals.
- Ensure the TAM team understands the goals and objectives of the Market Access group and how their efforts contribute.
- Directs TAMs to educate healthcare providers appropriately and compliantly about accessing these programs and products
- Develop solid, comprehensive, and actionable advocacy plans to advance departmental goals; ensure proper alignment with all other functions, such as Legal, Compliance, Regulatory Affairs, and Market Access.
- Motivate the TAM team by fostering an enthusiastic and productive work environment.
- Collaborate with Patient Access leadership to ensure partnership and alignment between the departments in support of patient access and HCPs.
- Collaborate at the leadership level with cross-functional groups (e.g. Business Directors of Sales, Associate Directors of Medical, etc.).
- Liaise with Market Access team to allocate resources appropriately based on access opportunities.
- Collaborates seamlessly with Actelion Pathways and Patient Access leadership to facilitate extraordinary access experience for HCPs and patients.
- Continually educate, support and ensure team compliance with the TAM Standard Operating Procedures (SOP), policies and procedures relevant to the TAM and field colleagues.
- Monitor and communicate national, regional and local trends affecting access to therapy.
- Manage and allocate budget in alignment with team objectives.
- Serve as a role model for the TAM group and the company, demonstrating leadership through modeling the J&J Credo.
- Collaborate with legal, regulatory, and compliance partners to ensure compliant interactions with customers
This job has supervisory responsibilities.
This position requires a professional who can use his/her technical expertise and demonstrated management experience to lead regionally-aligned team members in identifying, understanding and addressing reimbursement and patient access challenges.
The successful individual will be adept at developing both long and short-term strategic planning for the team and leading seamless team execution of related tactics in a dynamic environment. The ideal candidate is a self-starter and adept at developing and communicating national and local market insights with colleagues to better understand barriers impacting patient access.
Deep understanding of specialty products, payor coverage policies, pharmacy benefit, Hub processes and specialty pharmacy dynamics is desired. Additionally, prior experience and high confidence in navigating the access and payor approval process for specialty pharmacy products is critical in this role.
- BS/BA degree (science degree preferred)
- 6+ years of commercial experience in the pharmaceutical or biotech industry. Relevant experience with Healthcare, Payors, and Specialty Pharmacies may be considered.
- Advanced degree(s)
- MBA or other advanced degree/relevant certifications preferred.
- 3+ years of field experience in Access, Reimbursement, Payer Relations/Account Management preferred.
- 3-5 years management experience preferred.
- Successful track record developing and leading effective teams in a cross-functional environment.
- Knowledge and expertise in payer coverage policies.
- Understanding of national and state legislative, Medicare, Medicaid, and private payer initiatives affecting reimbursement or coverage of pharmaceutical and biotechnology products.
- Experience working with products distributed through specialty pharmacies.
- Experience in pulmonary arterial hypertension (PAH) or related areas of cardiology and/or pulmonology.
- Shown ability to influence without authority and work with cross-functional teams in the development and delivery of brand strategic imperatives.
- Experience in developing subject matter skills training, content presentations.
- Strong interpersonal skills and confirmed ability to develop followership.
- Strong analytical/problem solving skills.
- Exceptional organizational and project management skills.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Ability to develop and execute creative strategies.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear. The employee is required to frequently operate a personal computer and occasionally move about the facility. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 15 pounds.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies are equal opportunity employers, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
North America-United States-Connecticut, North America-United States-Delaware, North America-United States-Georgia, North America-United States-Massachusetts, North America-United States-Maryland, North America-United States-North Carolina, North America-United States-New Hampshire, North America-United States-New Jersey, North America-United States-New York, North America-United States-Pennsylvania, North America-United States-Rhode Island, North America-United States-South Carolina, North America-United States-Virginia, Latin America-Uruguay-Florida
Actelion Pharmaceuticals US Inc (6252)