Director, Translational Science
Your job alert was successfully created.
Janssen Research and Development, L.L.C., a member of Johnson and Johnson's Family of Companies, is recruiting for a Director Translational Science, Immunology Translational Science and Medicine to be located in Spring House, PA .
At the Janssen Pharmaceutical Companies of Johnson & Johnson, what matters most is helping people live full and healthy lives. We focus on treating, curing and preventing some of the most devastating and complex diseases of our time. And we pursue the most promising science, wherever it might be found.
Janssen Research & Development, LLC discovers and develops innovative medical solutions to address important unmet medical needs in oncology, immunology, neuroscience, infectious diseases and vaccines, and cardiovascular and metabolic diseases. Please visit http://www.JanssenRnD.com for more information.
We are Janssen. Our mission drives us. Our patients inspire us. We collaborate with the world for the health of everyone in it.
Thriving on a diverse company culture, celebrating the uniqueness of our employees and committed to inclusion. Proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
TSM is an integrated group of scientists that includes a biomarkers group, and a clinical group which conducts early clinical development and experimental medicine studies. Janssen Immunology has a history of bringing life-changing therapies to patients with immune-mediated diseases. The TSM group will provide the key learnings/insights on the next wave of novel therapies for these patients.
The Director, Translational Sciences Lead position is a leadership role within Immunology Translational sciences supporting programs in development through ideation in Discovery through late development. This position serves as a member of the leadership team within the Translational Sciences group in Immunology and will be a core member of Disease area or Pathway area leadership teams. The successful candidate will be responsible for overseeing the construction of translational data packages, including strategies for target engagement, expression and predictive response biomarkers to enable patient stratification. The Director, Translational Sciences Lead will partner with Discovery and Translational Medicine to engage in external interactions with academic institutions having strong capabilities in translational science and medicine.
This position reports into the Vice President of Translational Sciences (TS) within the broader Immunology Translational Science and Medicine (TSM) function. TSM is a group within the Immunology Therapeutic Area, consisting of a Translational Medicine (TM) and Translational Science (TS). TM has combined expertise in the clinical study of immunologic disease, immunologic pathways and in early clinical trial design and execution. TS has expertise in biomarker development, disease biology research and in the application of immunology and data science technologies to support drug development. Organizationally, TSM serves as a pivotal bridge between Discovery Research and the later phase Clinical Development group. TSM provides the necessary scientific and clinical expertise to advance an industry-leading pipeline of novel mechanism small molecules and biologic agents to address unmet need in immune-mediated diseases. Within TS, the Director, Translational Science Lead will head a group that has primary responsibility for creating and implementing innovative biomarker strategies.
• Lead the design and execution of program translational strategies integrating both disease and pathway approaches to address target engagement and expression, patient segmentation and indication potential.
• Collaborate with Discovery and TM to develop and implement clinical biomarkers.
• Lead teams of scientist and computational biologist to develop and validate novel assay and analyze and interpret clinical data, driving decision making for clinical assets.
• Partner with scientific pillar leads to integrate clinical translational science findings into evolving programs.
• Lead efforts to engage in collaborations with external partners/academic institutions having strong capabilities in translational science and medicine.
• Support Business Development, including due diligence activities.
• PhD, MD or MD/PhD required.
• Minimum of 5-10 years of industry or relevant experience where direct ‘hands-on’ experience in Immunology biomarker development is required. Depth of experience with several different therapeutic platforms preferred (biologics, small molecules and/or gene/RNA). Track record of developing and implementing impactful biomarker and translational plans is essential.
• Supervisory experience or leading matrix teams is required.
• Training in translational sciences or basic Immunology strongly preferred.
• Subspecialty training in Dermatology, Gastroenterology or Rheumatology is preferred but not required.
Johnson & Johnson is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
United States-Pennsylvania-Spring House-
Janssen Research & Development, LLC (6084)