The Ocular Surface Hybrid Specialist is responsible for establishing JJV as the clinical solution for MGD to ophthalmic and optometric practices in a predefined geographic territory. Responsible for closing capital equipment (LipiFlow®, LipiView®, and LipiScan®.), installation, and developing an implementation strategy with leaders in the practice to maximize treatments. Responsible for overall financial performance of defined territory.
Additionally, Hybrid role represents the organization by interacting with established customers and developing new prospects to sell the organization's portfolio of Ocular Surface products including LipiFlow®, LipiView®, and LipiScan®.
The hybrid specialist performs on-site customer support that includes education and training for the portfolio of Ocular Surface products, maximizing patient treatment volume and Activator sales revenue. Applies a broad knowledge of the organization's products, services and marketing campaigns to close sales and maintain relations with specifically identified customers within assigned territory. They are required to uncover and understand customer’s strategic priorities, buying motives, end user needs, office processes, and business operations and deliver tailored training and messaging to gain an order or product commitment.
This position will cover the geography of Virginia, West Virginia, Maryland, and the Washington DC.
- Sell, install and initial training of account staff on capital equipment within assigned geographic territory with quota responsibility monthly, quarterly, and annually as defined by leadership
- Generate leads, building relationships with key physicians and key accounts, and effectively develop and manage a defined sales territory.
- Demonstrate proficiency and the ability to work with OSAE and other JJV team members (AE, PPS & TAM’s) to meet/exceed territory objectives.
- Executes the sales and approved marketing plan(s) to achieve the territories’ market and business plan penetration, volume and dollar sales objectives on an annual basis.
- Analyze account metrics, make recommendations and implement changes in practice Capability to conduct initial on-site training of physician(s), and staff members on all aspects of the implementation process of ocular surface products, and address operational issues such as: patient flow, internal logistics, staff aptitude, conversion to treatment ratio, patient follow-up, as well as set overall practice treatment objectives.
- Individual must possess strong clinical and disease state knowledge and be able to discuss the application of JJV products as well as impacts on clinical outcomes related to overall ovular health.
- Must be able to confidently operate and trouble-shoot equipment.
- Willingness to consultatively engage practices regarding their intra-office business management metrics such as patient visits, scanning and treatment volume(s), procedural price positioning, appropriate office incentives, comparative practice profiles, patient conversion strategies, patient and reception area marketing materials as well as digital marketing assets, etc. all with the goal of increasing treatments and activator revenues and creating a practice success plan.
- development initiatives to ensure practice success.
- Manages the approved territory budget for expenses and is responsible for all company assets that are in their possession including but not limited to demo equipment, disposables and computers.
- Provides regular updates to management team regarding sales, sales channel development, forecast and market conditions as well as competitive activity.
- Ability to work with and maintain a professional and credible image with key physicians, advisors, and co-workers.
- Regularly input current account information and sales activity into Sales Force.
- Flexibility to assume other duties as assigned.
- Ability and willingness to travel 70% within territory and at national shows.
- Consultative approach - Provide forward-looking guidance and advice. Can critically evaluate what is happening at any given moment and make necessary adjustments for future success
- Strong relationship and team builder with excellent analytical, problem solving, and communication skills.
- In-depth knowledge of local ophthalmic and optometric practices and a recognized asset to physicians.
- Creative Problem Solver- Able to quickly and thoughtfully think on your feet to solve unexpected issues that arise
- Proven record selling both capital and consumable goods in ophthalmology and optometry and incremental sales experience to the surgical and aesthetic market are desirable.
- High integrity and discretion in order to protect sensitive information at key accounts. High-energy, self-motivated with skills in building productive relationships, creating enthusiasm, and successfully implementing new technology
- Bachelor’s degree is required
- Valid Driver’s license in one of the fifty states is required
- A minimum of 8+ years of demonstrated successful selling experience in the medical device industry is required
- Experience with cash pay procedure is preferred.
- Proven sales track record of successfully introducing new procedures and delivering implementation success is required.
- Demonstrated ability to develop relationships with key doctors/staff members and an in-depth knowledge of the inner workings of an ophthalmic/optometric office is strongly preferred.
- Capital Equipment Sales Experience Strongly Preferred
- A minimum of 2 or more years of business-to-business and/or medical device sales OR, any equivalent combination of sales and/or industry experience from which comparable knowledge, skills and abilities have been achieved is required.
- Two or more years ophthalmic practice technician/patient premium services counselor is preferred
- Ability to travel a minimum of 75% is required (as needed) which may include weekly overnight and/or weekend travel is required
Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies are equal opportunity employers, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
North America-United States-Maryland, North America-United States-West Virginia, North America-United States-District of Columbia-Washington