Johnson & Johnson Careers
Principal/Specialist Technical Data Architect, Data Reporting & Visualizations
Requisition ID: 0378190326
Janssen Research and Development, a member of Johnson and Johnson Family of Companies, is recruiting for a Principal/Specialist Technical Data Architect, Data Reporting & Visualizations to be located in Raritan, NJ.
At the Janssen Pharmaceutical Companies of Johnson & Johnson, what matters most is helping people live full and healthy lives. We focus on treating, curing and preventing some of the most devastating and complex diseases of our time. And we pursue the most promising science, wherever it might be found.
Janssen Research & Development, LLC discovers and develops innovative medical solutions to address important unmet medical needs in oncology, immunology, neuroscience, infectious diseases and vaccines, and cardiovascular and metabolic diseases. Please visit http://www.JanssenRnD.com for more information.
We are Janssen. Our mission drives us. Our patients inspire us. We collaborate with the world for the health of everyone in it.Thriving on a diverse company culture, celebrating the uniqueness of our employees and committed to inclusion. Proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
Exciting opportunity to be part of new and growing technical data management team contributing to our next generation data and visualization strategy driving effectiveness and efficiency of clinical trials from collection to submission.
The development of best-in-industry Data Science capabilities is critical to our ambition to be most innovative healthcare company. Combining various data streams and providing data near real-time data and visualizations are key components to obtaining our ambitions.
This is a new role responsible for providing technical expertise and insights into the clinical data and quality review process supporting innovative and optimal data reporting and visualization solutions translating business requirements. Works independently with minimal supervision developing dashboards and implementing innovative visualizations that help drive decision making; working closely with business partners.
Principle Responsibilities Include;
· Partner with key stakeholders to translate requirements for data and reporting solutions creating standardized, replicable outputs and visualizations.
· Analyze data sources, design and execute data visualizations through understanding and translation of business requirements.
· Provide programming and data support for reporting solutions for all aspects of data quality and clinical safety review
· Proactive identification of gaps, inefficiencies in current processes and projects recommending options to address gaps.
· Enhance existing reporting solutions.
· Develop and maintain working knowledge and expertise in programming languages utilized in data analytics and reporting (SAS, R, RShiny, Spotfire, etc.) and apply continuous learning as part of our next generation data and data sciences strategy.
· Support and training to stakeholders for use and implementation of reports, visualizations including development of training material.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer or Life Sciences or equivalent work experience is required.
- 7 years (Principal) or 5 years (Specialist) of relevant experience in pharmaceutical industry is desired, experience in other industries in Data Sciences roles will also be considered.
- Ability to think holistically to help identify opportunities and shape reporting solutions meeting data review objectives.
- In-depth knowledge of protocol, current clinical drug development processes required.
- Strong experience in report writing, analytics, visualizations, dashboard creation.
- Strong requirements gathering with a focus on quick prototyping for customers.
- Proficiency in analytical and data-visualization skills and experience analyzing data trends, historical trends, data mining, optimization using reporting tools such as Spotfire, Tableau, etc.
- In-depth experience in programming with commonly leveraged data analysis software, including SAS, R or Python required.
- Intermediate to advanced Microsoft Excel experience including data analysis a plus.
- Strong understanding of relational databases.
- Problem-solving and good analytical skills.
- Strong experience with clinical/scientific data and varied therapeutic area knowledge is a preferred.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
Johnson & Johnson is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
United States-New Jersey-Raritan-
Janssen Research & Development, LLC. (6084)
Clinical Data Management