Johnson & Johnson Careers
Senior Manager of Data Science
Requisition ID: 0366190326
The Medical Device Digital Team is hiring a Senior Manager of Data Science to work on high-profile projects and deliver innovative technology solutions to advance patient care. We require both in-depth and hands-on knowledge of existing advanced analytics practices and approaches, including Artificial Intelligence, Machine Learning, and Deep Learning, as well as experience in deploying analytics in commercial solutions. The Senior Manager of Data Science will lead and shape exciting projects within our Medical Device Sector of Johnson and Johnson, including robotic and digital surgery, sensors and analytics of electronic medical record to improve patient outcomes, satisfaction and increase efficiencies in the health care system.
The Data Scientist will:
- Lead and Shape the delivery of data-driven projects that have a direct impact on insights generation and product design for Medical Devices globally
- Collaborate with other data scientists to develop novel algorithms and iteratively refine & improve commercial viability based on feedback from engineering teams/customers
- Work closely with sensor and engineering team members, as well as other cross functional resources, to deploy algorithm into commercial solutions
- Routinely work with complex, high-dimensional data, and deploy advanced analytics methods in a high-performance computing environment’ to integrate and analyze these data sets. Actively contribute analytical development and thought leadership to highly visible, complex projects, programs, or solutions that are critical to Medical Devices
- Work closely with colleagues to keep up-to-date with the latest approaches and advances in data science and evaluate vendor tools and internal and external data sets as required
- Manage relationships with partners across the various functions of the enterprise
- Manage junior team members
- M.S. or Ph.D. degree in Computer Sciences, Computer Vision, Data Science, Statistics, Machine Learning & Artificial Intelligence, Medical Informatics, Computational Biology, or a related discipline is required. A minimum of 5 year of combined industrial/postdoctoral experience is preferred.
- Experience with development of complex AI-type algorithms and successful deployment into a commercial product.
- Ability to execute from exploratory/concept phase to implementation/deployment.
- Experience working with patient health data (electronic medical record) and activity (sensor) data is a plus.
- Familiarity with large or complex datasets and understanding of data analysis workflows is required.
- Strong working knowledge of data mining algorithms including supervised and unsupervised machine learning techniques including random forest, clustering, neural networks & deep learning is required.
- Proficiency with one or more programming language such as Python, R, Java, Scala, or similar is required.
- Familiarity with cloud computing environments, such as AWS or Azure, is required.
- Experience with Natural Language Processing or text analytics methods is a plus.
- Experience with advanced technologies such as Robotics, IoT, AR, VR is a plus.
- Superb communication, interpersonal, verbal, and written skills are required.
Johnson & Johnson is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability
North America-United States-New Jersey-New Brunswick, North America-United States-New Jersey-Somerville, North America-United States-New Jersey-Raritan
DePuySynthes Products Inc (6149)