Johnson & Johnson Careers
Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
Senior Patent Counsel, Pharm Device
New Brunswick, New Jersey
Requisition ID: 0353180502
The Johnson & Johnson Law Department is recruiting for an Senior Patent Counsel to be located in New Brunswick, NJ.
Caring for the world, one person at a time has inspired and united the people of Johnson & Johnson for over 125 years. We embrace research and science -- bringing innovative ideas, products and services to advance the health and well-being of people. Employees of the Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies work with partners in health care to touch the lives of over a billion people every day, throughout the world.
With $76.5 billion in 2017 sales, Johnson & Johnson is the world's most comprehensive and broadly based manufacturer of health care products, as well as a provider of related services, for the consumer, pharmaceutical, and medical devices markets. There are more than 265 Johnson & Johnson operating companies employing approximately 126,500 people and with products touching the lives of over a billion people every day, throughout the world. If you have the talent and desire to touch the world, Johnson & Johnson has the career opportunities to help make it happen.
Thriving on a diverse company culture, celebrating the uniqueness of our employees and committed to inclusion. Proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
As a Senior Patent Counsel, you will:
• Primarily provide support for mechanical, electromechanical, and computer devices used in conjunction with pharmaceutical products.
• Provide a full range of patent support functions, including drafting and prosecuting patent applications.
• Conduct freedom-to-operate studies (e.g., infringement and validity analysis) and render opinions.
• Draft and negotiate license, research collaboration, and related agreements.
• Provide due diligence support for business development.
• Support patent litigation matters.
• Make presentations, counsel, train, and otherwise interact with the business with regard to intellectual property and contractual matters.
• Provide training to business personnel on patents, intellectual property, and contractual matters.
• An undergraduate or advanced degree in Biomechanical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Chemical Engineering, or related engineering field is required.
• A Juris Doctorate from an accredited law school, admitted to the USPTO and licensed to practice in at least one state or the District of Columbia is required.
• A minimum of ten (10) years of relevant law firm or corporate law department experience is required.
• Experience in the pharmaceutical field, in particular drug delivery devices, is preferred.
• Experience with protecting and conducting freedom-to-operate analyses for mobile applications is preferred.
• Experience in due diligence activities and the rendering of patentability and non-infringement opinions is required.
• Experience in license/agreement drafting and negotiation is preferred.
• Ability to articulate and positively engage clients and internal partners is required.
• Capability to give well organized, thoughtful presentations to upper management is required.
• A demonstrated competency in mechanical, electromechanical, and/or computer devices is required.
• Must be able to travel to local J&J New Jersey / Pennsylvania sites, as needed, to fulfill the clients’ needs.
• Ability to travel up to 20% of the time, both domestically and internationally, is required.
United States-New Jersey-New Brunswick
Johnson & Johnson (6067)