Caring for the world, one person at a time has inspired and united the people of Johnson & Johnson for over 130 years. We embrace research and science -- bringing creative ideas, products and services to advance the health and well-being of people. With $76.5 billion in 2017 sales, Johnson & Johnson is the world's most comprehensive and broadly-based manufacturer of health care products, as well as a provider of related services, for the consumer, pharmaceutical, and medical devices markets. There are more than 250 Johnson & Johnson operating companies employing over 125,000 people and with products touching the lives of over a billion people every single day, throughout the world. If you have the talent and dream to touch the world, Johnson & Johnson has the career opportunities to help make it happen.
Thriving on a diverse company culture, celebrating the uniqueness of our employees and committed to inclusion. Proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
The Janssen Pharmaceutical Companies of Johnson & Johnson conduct research and development in a variety of therapeutic areas to discover novel therapeutic approaches to address unmet medical conditions.
We are currently seeking an extraordinary synthetic organic chemist to join the Discovery Process Research (DPR) group at our San Diego, California, site as a Scientist.
You will be responsible for conducting research directed to the development of creative solutions to complex chemistry problems across a portfolio of projects in the discovery space, from lead identification through selection of development candidates. Our goal is to facilitate medicinal chemistry research by finding solutions to synthetic bottlenecks, enabling access to novel chemical space and translating chemistry innovations to the development of efficient routes for the synthesis of small molecule drug candidates advancing into development.
Your work will require state of the art synthetic organic chemistry skills and analytical chemistry techniques. You will be expected to remain conversant with the modern chemical literature and to maintain a strong laboratory presence. Building and maintaining close collaborations with colleagues in medicinal chemistry, chemical and pharmaceutical development as well as other adjacent functional areas of drug Discovery and Development are key to the role. As such, you have strong oral and written communication skills and the ability to grow in a team and goal driven environment.
- A PhD in Organic/Medicinal Chemistry is required (OR: currently in a PhD program in Organic/Medicinal Chemistry with an anticipated graduation date before October 1, 2020).
- Experience in methodology development, catalysis, total synthesis or similar
- Postdoctoral experience OR up to 3 years of experience in the Pharmaceutical industry within the area of Medicinal Chemistry or Process Chemistry is preferred.
- Consistent track record of scientific excellence and successful research in Organic Chemistry supported by peer-reviewed publications
- Demonstrated creativity and innovation in problem solving
- Productivity and efficiency working in the lab
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Excellent collaboration skills
Johnson & Johnson is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
United States-California-San Diego-
Janssen Research & Development, LLC (6084)