- You will develop and inspire a team of broad design capabilities and deliver design vision for brand identity, packaging design and typography/information design and communications
- You contribute to the Studio culture by nurturing the talent you help manage while collaborating to establish career paths.
- You will set and lead design objectives to achieve business targets.
- You work collaboratively will all team members and business partners and are deeply committed to actionable solutions.
- Partner with other disciplines to define strategies and tactics to net profound business results.
- You have a clear point of view that is articulated through a thoughtful and considered approach to achieve strategic outcomes.
- You will grow and maintain strong cross-functional partnerships.
- You will bridge design and business disciplines, evaluating and gauging appropriate risks and future opportunities.
- A Bachelor’s degree is required with a major in design preferred.
- A minimum of eight years design leadership-related experience is required. Proven results’ managing multi-disciplinary design teams is required.
- Demonstrated experience guiding business partners through the design process; management experience required to influence and achieve excellence.
- Understanding of design strategy methods and practices.
- Ability to think conceptually across multiple platforms including digital, merchandising, social media and emerging forms of brand communication.
- Strong visual, written and oral communication skills.
- Broad knowledge of design and cultural trends to develop transformational concepts and solutions with business and research teams essential.
- Consumer Package Goods industry experience preferred.
- Ability to leverage working knowledge of design thinking in a tactical business context.
- Industry recognition via design-related speaking engagements or design-related association / publication awards recognition.
- Financial budgeting skills and competency is required.
- Knowledge of current design and office software, including cross platform (MAC and PC) application; fluency in Adobe Creative Suite (InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop).
- Up to 50% hands-on design work.
- This role requires approximately 20% domestic travel
Please include the link to your online portfolio on your resume and with your application to be considered for the position.
Above all else
- Friendly, thoughtful and perpetually curious
- Humble to your core with a sharp emotional intelligence
- Able to build trust, even when communicating a dissenting point of view
Johnson & Johnson is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
United States-California-Los Angeles-
Johnson & Johnson Consumer Inc. (6101)