Johnson & Johnson Careers
Senior Analyst, Competitive Intelligence and Analytics
Requisition ID: 0343180502
Johnson & Johnson is recruiting for a Senior Analyst, Competitive Intelligence and Analytics, located in Somerville, NJ OR Cincinnati, OH.
Johnson & Johnson Medical Device Companies produce a broad range of innovative products and solutions used primarily by health care professionals in the fields of orthopedics, neurovascular, surgery, vision care, diagnostics, diabetes care, infection prevention, cardiovascular disease, sports medicine, and aesthetics. Johnson & Johnson Medical Devices contains key surgical platforms such as Wound Closure, Orthopedics, Open and Minimally Invasive Stapling, Energy, Biosurgery, Aesthetics, ENT, and Cardiovascular surgical products. As the most comprehensive devices business in the world, Johnson & Johnson Medical Devices (MD) is best suited to serve evolving customer needs, train more surgeons to improve standards of care, and treat more patients globally as access expands. Johnson & Johnson MD is currently $21 billion in Worldwide sales. The business is expected to experience solid growth over the next 5 to 7 years.
- With supervision, position is responsible for analyzing competitive insights within the Global Business Insights Center of Excellence team (GBI), supporting the assigned business unit / region. Position is responsible for executing competitive intelligence research and analysis.
- Position will serve as representative on the assigned Business Unit / Regional Insight team, and will support both the Global Strategic Marketing and Regional Marketing Teams.
- With supervision, role will work with the Business Unit teams to conduct competitive insight and analysis activities, including but not limited to competitor pipeline, commercial strategy, tactical and strategic plans, and marketplace conditions and technology scenarios.
- Role will require business acumen and understanding, and must be able to work with competitive insight and analysis tools and techniques across the business.
- With direction, demonstrate an ability to implement competitive insight and analysis projects in support of assigned business unit / region.
- Some knowledge of Marketing Research Methodologies (eg quantitative, qualitative, ethnography, etc) and Analysis
- With supervision, synthesize data to form recommendations and actionable insights
- Demonstrate an ability to influence multiple stakeholders to ensure a high-level of team involvement in key business discussions
- With direction, supports Business Unit / Regional Insight Team in
- Providing competitive market assessments and scenarios
- Flawless execution of all projects and activities required to drive success of the business
- Provides fact based insights and analytics programs to address business needs
- Executing insight and business analytics tools, techniques and processes
- Provide foundational learning that helps to ensure understanding of marketplace dynamics
- Support education and dissemination of existing knowledge estate and market information for key Business Unit / Region partners
- A minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree is required. A focused degree in business, marketing, statistics, finance, or related field is preferred. MBA or MS is preferred.
- A minimum of 4 years of professional experience is required.
- Experience in the medical device, hospital specialty, or healthcare field is preferred.
- Ability to work in a matrix environment where a high degree of collaboration is needed.
- Some knowledge of and experience with competitive / marketplace research tools and analytics is required. Additionally, knowledge of primary market research, secondary market research, or strategic forecasting is preferred.
- Proficiency in Microsoft WORD, EXCEL, and PowerPoint in required.
- Proficiency in other analytical tools (SPSS, SAS or Tableau) is preferred.
- This position can be based in Somerville, NJ or Cincinnati, OH and may require up to 10% travel.
Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies are equal opportunity employers, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
United States-New Jersey-Somerville
North America-United States-Ohio-Cincinnati
Depuy Orthopaedics. Inc. (6029)